Charging never 100%

wcbratton

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Bought my Nexus last saturday, have charged it every night.

Not 1 time has it reached 100%.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

joshjoshajosh

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think smartphone batteries are supposed to, I heard its bad for them to go all the way to 100%. Mine will show 100% then drop to 97 as soon as its unplugged (sgs2).

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think smartphone batteries are supposed to, I heard its bad for them to go all the way to 100%. Mine will show 100% then drop to 97 as soon as its unplugged (sgs2).

Mine pretty much does this too. And if I do try the trick of plugging it back in shortly after to try and get it up to the 100% mark again, it never really seems like it charges any more.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is why and it's just a guess. You only notice because you have an app that tells you the exact percentage, if you didn't you would never know you phone was at 97-99%, because you batter bar would still be full. When you have phones that reports in intervals of 10 it would actually show you 100%. Also, when the phone is charged to 100% they actually stop charging. There is no reason to keep charging after all, when it drops to a certain percentage that is when the phones start to charge again. Kinda like a thermostat.

AndroidStyle

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
When the charging light changes, the charging process ends, percentage will start to go down and your phone not gonna charge even if its plugged in, you need to replug it to start new charging process
When it gets to 100%, this number will probably last a minute or two and will drop to 99

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine says "charged" when it hits 100% and is still plugged in.

Whatever you're seeing it's better than the Nexus S 4G which was designed never to charge more than 95%...

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this as well, though the issue can be easily fixed. Turning the phone off and then plugging the charger back in is a great indicator if the phone is fully charged.

Absterged

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this as well, though the issue can be easily fixed. Turning the phone off and then plugging the charger back in is a great indicator if the phone is fully charged.

That would be bump charging.

From what I've gathered, phones charge to 100% and then drop. Once they hit around 95%, they start charging again. This is because it can dammage your battery and shorten its overall life if you are constantly getting power to your device. It's just a safety precaution.

If seeing 100% is that important, charge it until it says charged, then unplug it, turn it off, and plug it back in. Leave it plugged in for a few minutes and power it back up. If it doesn't say 100% then, plug it in one more time and will almost assuredly hit 100% within a few minutes.

To be quite honest, though, I doubt you'll get a whole lot more out of that last 1-2% of your battery.

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
That would be bump charging.

From what I've gathered, phones charge to 100% and then drop. Once they hit around 95%, they start charging again. This is because it can dammage your battery and shorten its overall life if you are constantly getting power to your device. It's just a safety precaution.

If seeing 100% is that important, charge it until it says charged, then unplug it, turn it off, and plug it back in. Leave it plugged in for a few minutes and power it back up. If it doesn't say 100% then, plug it in one more time and will almost assuredly hit 100% within a few minutes.

To be quite honest, though, I doubt you'll get a whole lot more out of that last 1-2% of your battery.
That's right. My phone has done that ever since day 1. It'll read 100, but it's just a matter of minutes before it kicks down to 95. I'm pretty sure HTC made the chargers that way on purpose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy