Does anyone have problems seeing display outdoors on Samsung Galaxy Nexus? I noticed this the first time today and could not see the screen at all until I got into my car.. The phone is set to automatic brightness. I compared this to my kids iPhone and the iPhone blows it away. Any solutions or could I possibly have a bad phone? Thanks
    01-20-2012 08:56 PM
    Auto brightness is horrible on this phone. I set mine to about 65-70% brightness and leave it alone. Doesnt hit my battery hard at all and I was actually looking at it in the sun today noticing how readable it was watching Netflix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    01-20-2012 09:00 PM
    Auto brightness is horrible on this phone. I set mine to about 65-70% brightness and leave it alone. Doesnt hit my battery hard at all and I was actually looking at it in the sun today noticing how readable it was watching Netflix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    couldn't have said it better. Please take your phone off of auto brightness. The display will be much improved. Also make sure you don't have an anti glare verizon wireless screen protector. That will also reduce the quality of your screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    greyhd likes this.
    01-20-2012 09:08 PM
    I have no problems reading my screen with auto brightness on.

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-20-2012 09:53 PM
    I downloaded a brightness widget and put it on the home page and crank it up outdoors. Works perfect.

I wish a brightness slider was on the status bar like the tablet.
    01-20-2012 10:11 PM
    Does anyone have problems seeing display outdoors on Samsung Galaxy Nexus? I noticed this the first time today and could not see the screen at all until I got into my car.. The phone is set to automatic brightness. I compared this to my kids iPhone and the iPhone blows it away. Any solutions or could I possibly have a bad phone? Thanks
    I don't care for the auto brightness. I manually adjust mine. Outdoors I'm fine.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    01-20-2012 10:12 PM
    Welcome to the world of Super AMOLED. Looks great indoors, but even my 2ish year old BlackBerry Bold 9700 is easier to view outdoors.
    01-21-2012 03:00 AM
    I have the antiglare screen protector and i think they help outdoors, makes them a lot easier for me to read the screen!! They do lessen the quality of the screen indoors, but not by much... i would also try boxwaves antiglare... i haven't yet, but will eventually... if u do, let us know how it goes!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!
    01-21-2012 03:12 AM
    You can try my Thunderbolt on full brightness and see which is better in the sunlight

This screen is one of the best out in direct sunlight I have ever used. Taking pics of my vacation in Mexico was damn near impossible this summer. I have since gone to vacation to Asheville, NC on my Nexus and the screen is great outdoors for taking pictures and reading e-mails/texts.
    01-21-2012 05:30 AM
    You can try my Thunderbolt on full brightness and see which is better in the sunlight

This screen is one of the best out in direct sunlight I have ever used. Taking pics of my vacation in Mexico was damn near impossible this summer. I have since gone to vacation to Asheville, NC on my Nexus and the screen is great outdoors for taking pictures and reading e-mails/texts.
    Completely agree. I came from a Thunderbolt which was horrible in direct sunlight, even at full brightness. I have my Nexus fixed at about 30% brightness, and was blown away as how readable it was in direct sunlight.

Like other have said, if you have Auto Brightness on, turn it off. It does not adjust very well. Majority of the time it sets it to a really low settings.
    01-21-2012 10:56 AM
    Completely agree. I came from a Thunderbolt which was horrible in direct sunlight, even at full brightness. I have my Nexus fixed at about 30% brightness, and was blown away as how readable it was in direct sunlight.

Like other have said, if you have Auto Brightness on, turn it off. It does not adjust very well. Majority of the time it sets it to a really low settings.
    I agree... but I wonder why the auto brightness sensor doesn't just raise brightness to 100% when
    outdoors under the sun? Seems like a design flaw that can easily be fixed via an update, no?
    01-21-2012 11:40 AM
    If you put this thing on 100% it will burn your retinas! Outside is absolutely viewable up in the higher end of the brightness spectrum. The auto brightness feature is horrible at best. They can definitely tweak that in software. For rooted users i have seen a patch for the auto brightness function somewhere on xda. I havent done it but im sure it would probably help.
    01-21-2012 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD