Galaxy Nexus gets 4G data but not 3G

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
While playing Angry Birds on Sunday my phone got very hot, so I quit the game and let it sit for a while. Since Monday morning I now do not have 3G connectivity, nor 1x from what I can tell. I only have data when I'm within 4G range. What would cause this issue, and was the overheating issue a couple days ago the cause of this? I am hoping it's just a sim card, but I've reseated it and it changed nothing.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with data from day one and finally one day I couldn't get 3G. I got a replacement shipped out. 3G did start working after a few hours, but after activating my new device I am having a ton less problems including much better battery life. I would suggest calling up and getting a replacement device

Reactions: iviustang50h

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
For me the problem was that I had Google sync turned off. Since I turned it back on I have great data reception for 3G and 4G.

thebrain73

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
This issue just hit my GN tonight. I am gonig to try and get a new sim card tomorrow. I just dont have the energy to try a factory rest this week.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
This issue just hit my GN tonight. I am gonig to try and get a new sim card tomorrow. I just dont have the energy to try a factory rest this week.

Factory Reset didn't help me. Tech support Tier 2 didn't suggest a new sim but I suggested one to him... He figured well if you read it online it might work aha. Hopefully our issue is fixed.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Factory Reset didn't help me. Tech support Tier 2 didn't suggest a new sim but I suggested one to him... He figured well if you read it online it might work aha. Hopefully our issue is fixed.

Tier 2 tech support didn't suggestions a sim to me either. Instead he sent me a certified like used phone. It was a VZW corporate store manager that suggested we try a new sim. That worked for me. I sent back the used phone.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the local corporate store to give me a new sim card and it solved the problem .

That's exactly what I did and it also completely resolved my problem.

I highly recommend having Verizon swap your Sim card if you are having inconsistent data; do this before swapping for a "refurb" phone. Everything is smooth as silk now, even the 3g/4g handoffs.

Thanks everyone for the awesome community support!

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have never really had good reception with my Gnex since launch. Frequently I have 1 4g bar and lots of times gray bars, especially when I first wake my phone. It takes awhile for it to find a signal and then will go in and out at work. When I go with my ski club about 45 minutes away I get none or little 3g or 4g at all even though I see others using their iphones, rezounds, etc. with no problems. So, is the problem with the radios ever going to be fixed on this phone or is my sim card bad? How do I go about getting Vzw to give me a new one? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo