Dropped my Nexus in the Toilet!!!!!!

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
OMG, I was horrified. I have never even dropped a phone. I was scared to death. I let it dry under a fan for a while. I turned it on, it acted as though it was fine. It booted normally. However, the touch screen was unresponsive! Then the screen faded, and powered off. When trying to turn it back on, it wod just sit on the Google screen, and bootloop. I was freaking out. I headed into town to try and figure out what to do. I took the battery out,held the phone up to my vent, with the heat blasting. After about 10 minutes, I put the battery back in. IT WORKED!!!!! Everything works great! I need a drink...or 4!

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
If your phone ever gets submerged in water I heard that you are suppose to take out the battery and leave the phone in a bowl of rice so it can soak up all of the water. Glad to hear your's still works.

Reactions: barley culiner

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So that's better then splash resistant right ;)

You might to put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice to remove the rest of the moisture for a night. And if would be call for insurance ASAP if you don't have any.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnly

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So that's better then splash resistant right ;)

You might to put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice to remove the rest of the moisture for a night. And if would be call for insurance ASAP if you don't have any.

This, or desiccant from a shipping place, it is like rice on roids.

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
How on earth did you drop it in the toilet? Chokin the chicken?[/QUOTE[

I put it by the sink, like I have a million times before. I just wenr to urinate. Flushed, washed hands, dried hands. When I picked it up, it just flew out of my hand. I had not even dropped it before. Just one of those things. Interestingly enough, today was my 30th day of owning it. I called and added unsurance, as soon as I got it working. I did not even hesitate. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the deductible is only $99! I will def keep it!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I stuck my phone in a food dehydrator for an hour got all water out even from under screen. Never had a prob out of it either.

Sent from your mom's phone.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
This and keeping fecal matter off my toothbrush is why I always close the toilet seat after I'm done lol.

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If your phone ever gets submerged in water I heard that you are suppose to take out the battery and leave the phone in a bowl of rice so it can soak up all of the water. Glad to hear your's still works.

That is EXACTLY what you are supposed to do. If you do anything else, you are at a way bigger risk of completely and permanently damaging the device. I have done it before, countless times before learning. Ahh.. To be young and stupid.
Glad to hear your device is good to go though!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I did the rice thing with my OG after the screen was unresponsive after putting on a screen protector. I tried the hair dryer first as well before I read about the rice thing. I also read to NEVER use a hair dryer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca