Google Wallet Problem Adding Funds

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Google Wallet app on my Galaxy Nexus (without root) and was able to use the $10 given to start on the Google prepaid card, with no problem, but now that I am trying to add funds to the Google Prepaid card I keep getting an error message saying "Funds not added...Please try adding funds again."

Now, before making this post, I searched the board and found another post on this subject and someone answered that if you have a PO Box as your billing address for the card you are using to fund it, Google Wallet would not accept it. I thought that that was surely my issue, as my card did in fact have a PO Box address...however, I called my cc company and had the billing address changed to a regular street address, but it's still not working. Anyone else have any other info or suggestions on how this can be remedied?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Google Wallet app on my Galaxy Nexus (without root) and was able to use the $10 given to start on the Google prepaid card, with no problem, but now that I am trying to add funds to the Google Prepaid card I keep getting an error message saying "Funds not added...Please try adding funds again."

Now, before making this post, I searched the board and found another post on this subject and someone answered that if you have a PO Box as your billing address for the card you are using to fund it, Google Wallet would not accept it. I thought that that was surely my issue, as my card did in fact have a PO Box address...however, I called my cc company and had the billing address changed to a regular street address, but it's still not working. Anyone else have any other info or suggestions on how this can be remedied?

first off, I assume you arent using a prepaid credit card. If you are, you need to register the card online first at the website on the back of the card. I had a lot of problems adding money to my google prepaid because of this.

Second, what kind of card are u using? A debt card should work just fine, however some credit cards may not. And you are trying to add funds, not the card itself correct?

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It is not a prepaid card nor debit card. I am using a Chase VISA card, and attempting to use it to add funds to the Google Prepaid card in Google Wallet.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just use the same card I have linked to my market for apps no issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
yes try the same card linked to your market. that's what I have and it works like a charm.

But be aware some cards have insurance protection on items you buy so you may only want to use google wallet on things like food. My VISA covers all electronics for like 90 days or something like that for breakage, theft and other randomness.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
sorry for slightly changing the subject, but is someone able (allowed) to post the APK they are using for an unrooted nexus?

thanx
Danny

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It is not a prepaid card nor debit card. I am using a Chase VISA card, and attempting to use it to add funds to the Google Prepaid card in Google Wallet.

Since you are using a Credit card, Chase or Visa may be blocking the transaction. It would be like a cash withdrawal from an ATM using a Credit Card. You may not have your card set up for cash withdrawals or the system does not recognize it since it is not an actual ATM. You can try calling Chase and see if they see the transaction but are blocking it.

You want to be careful using Credit Cards for Cash withdrawals as the fees are pretty high. I have a Chase Visa and the APR is 5% higher for cash withdrawals then it is for normal transactions.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused...are you guys sure about that? On the Google Wallet support page it says the exact OPPOSITE: it says currently, you can NOT use a debit card to load your Google Prepaid card; that you can ONLY use a CREDIT CARD.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused...are you guys sure about that? On the Google Wallet support page it says the exact OPPOSITE: it says currently, you can NOT use a debit card to load your Google Prepaid card; that you can ONLY use a CREDIT CARD.

I use my Citi Bank Mastercard Debit card to add funds. I have not tried an actual credit card. I added $20 on it from my phone last week no problems.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
A Citi Mastercard Debit card can be used with no problem because it is the only OFFICIAL card for Google Wallet....anything else has to go through Google prepaid....A debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo, is NOT actually a credit card, it is a debit card. Some merchants allow you to choose whether you want to run it as credit or debit, but the 2 remain different entities with different traits.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
A Citi Mastercard Debit card can be used with no problem because it is the only OFFICIAL card for Google Wallet...

Yes and no. I can not link my Citi Mastercard Debit card as a card in Google Wallet, since it is not supported by PayPass. I can only add funds to my Google Prepaid Card using my debit card which is a Citi Debit Card with a Mastercard logo.

I have to agree with Terringo that a Debit card with a Mastercard or Visa logo should be acceptable anywhere a credit card is Accepted, but we could all be wrong.

Have you tried using a debit card with mastercard or visa logo? I know you mentioned earlier it may have a PO Box for an address. Could try changing the address online and adding funds then change it back maybe?

Hope you find a solution

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just to test it out ( I am curious what the fee will be) I tried adding funds to my google prepaid card with one of my Chase Credit Cards and it added it with no problem. Going back to your OP, when did you change the address on your Credit Card? I wonder if the system needs a few days to refresh itself.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I attempted to add the funds immediately after making the changes, as Chase informed me it would take effect immediately

...new development, sort of...so now, every transaction that I attempted has shown up on my cc statement as a Pending charge, along with other transactions with a negative in front of them that I am assuming are credits bak. I called both my cc bank as well as the Google bank and neither was really help. On Googles end, they said since they were pending they didnt see any charges whatsoever, and said i had to wait until they were no longer pending. So, now I'm waiting to see what happens.

In regards to the credit/debit thing, maybe you can only use credit as the citi mastercard card, and only credit for the Googe prepaid?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When I added the funds using my chase credit card my online statement also said pending, but the funds were ready immediately on my google prepaid card. Seems like a communication issue between the Google Wallet bank and Chase. I would wait a couple days to see what happens and try again...sorry we cant give any more help.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So by the end of today, the pending charges have all been REMOVED from my cc statement and the funds never appeared in my Google Wallet. I just tried adding funds again with the same card again with the same issue: it lists the Google wallet pending charge, then also posts a Google Wallet pending credit for the same amount. I then tried using my debit card, and it also did not work to give me funds in Google Wallet,instead, it did the same thing: first, it debited the amount on my debit card as a pending charge, then a few minutes later, it posted back a credit to my debit card for the same amount. What's going on!!? :'(

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to test it out ( I am curious what the fee will be) I tried adding funds to my google prepaid card with one of my Chase Credit Cards and it added it with no problem. Going back to your OP, when did you change the address on your Credit Card? I wonder if the system needs a few days to refresh itself.

There shouldn't be any fees. Should process as a regular "keyed in" charge, the same as it would if you bought an app. To answer the OP, I use two Visa's regularly to load the wallet. About 4x a week at least. It's pretty instantaneous. I've even loaded funds while the person ahead of me at the grocery store is paying for their stuff and was able to use what I loaded within seconds. When the charge shows as pending on your statement, does it show: MONEY NETWORK-GOOGLE W?