Issues: power button rattle, random reboots

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Gnex for almost a month and only seem to have 2 issues

one: the power button rattles..its more annoying then anything.

two: RANDOM REBOOTS!

I have gotten about 3 that I know of random reboots since I have owned it. each time I was using the device or about to and it just restarted.

anyone else having these issues?
Should I see about getting tech support or just deal with it like I did my tbolt?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: issues

I have had my Gnex for almost a month and only seem to have 2 issues

one: the power button rattles..its more annoying then anything.

two: RANDOM REBOOTS!

I have gotten about 3 that I know of random reboots since I have owned it. each time I was using the device or about to and it just restarted.

anyone else having these issues?
Should I see about getting tech support or just deal with it like I did my tbolt?

With 3 reboots in a month you are doing pretty well. I'd say about average for most people. There are some lucky to not be having reboots at all, there there are others having them a lot more consistently than you are.

Keep in mind that you are running a brand new version of android. These reboots are a product of that and the fact that not all apps are compatible with ICS yet.

Ive had about 6 or 7 since December 16th, with my first one being the very night I brought my phone home, and with a couple others happening without even touching my phone.

As time progresses, these reboots should be fixed.

As far as your rattling power button, that would just be your phone. Mine are still very sturdy.

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

My power button rattles a little bit, but only if you put that side of the phone right up to your ear and shake it- and by shake it I mean REALLY shake it.

It doesn't bother me because my phone never shakes enough naturally for it to happen...plus it's so quiet that unless I have it right up to my ear I can't even hear it. Even in a relatively quiet environment.

As far as random reboots, never- but I did have it shut off by itself once. Would've made me late for work had I not somehow woke up naturally when I did (luckily only 20 minutes past when my phone was supposed to wake me up). So it cost me a breakfast and 20 minutes of watching Sportscenter.

That was weeks ago, hasn't happened since.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I've had one random reboot since launch day. Ii would suspect that your problem is with some app/launcher you're using that is not yet playing nicely with ICS.

As to the button rattle, I've got an OtterBox case on mine, so even it rattled like hell, I'd never hear it.