movie channel apps question

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if they are ever going to make apps like HBO go, Max go and others like it work with ics?
I have been pretty POed that they don't work with tablets and now no ics love.
I guess I am just wondering why none of them work past 2.X devices? That is a lot of devices being left out.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I miss HBO too, not to mention Hulu. I figure we'll get ICS versions after it gets released on more phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
When i go to HBO.com it says I am on a device not fully supported and take me to the mobile site but I see no way to watch shows. On my tablet I can get to play the show buy get an error before it starts.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't even see HBOgo listed in the market.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

It is blocked from devices it can't run on. If you go to the app market in a browser Yukyuk can find it there and it says not compatible with your device.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Up to devolper to update there apps. Usually large company's lack in updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ya I know it is up to the developer but I was hoping maybe someone else may have read something somewhere.
I will bet we don't see an update anytime soon if large companies lack in updates, probably not until gingerbread is starting to phase out or drop in number of devices it is on.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just got HBO Go to work on my Galaxy Nexus. I simply went to hbogo.com and the front page loaded. Then I clicked the browser settings button next to the address bar (the 3 dots) and clicked "Request desktop site." Then the page reloaded and it was the full HBO Go site. I logged into my provider, and I just started watching Game of Thrones.

HBO Go has problems with skipping, even on my desktop (I don't think it supports buffering). But it was working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21