screen ghosting/burn in

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got my brand new Nexus today, and I was very happy my screen doesn't have that banding effect I keep reading about.

I did, however, notice a minor ghosting effect, or semi burn in, when switching screens. From my main screen with the menu dock, if i go into settings, i can see a faint set of icons there for 5-10 seconds.

I can also notice a background item may come through if it's white, or a brighter color. (i use the spiderman logo as my wallpaper, and i can see the spider outline under settings)

Am I going crazy, or is this something that's normal?

Also, my screen is set to the setting is the medium selection on the power controller

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my third nexus 1st one did that,2nd one was the worst the screen looked grainy and awful and did what your describing. It took a lot longer to go away on the 2nd one. Third one doesn't have that problem, but I do see lines like in the dark areas like settings menu background. I just gave up and the screen looks great otherwise. So yes I would say it's normal kinda. :/

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I left my Verizon store a couple days ago and noticied the display model on the nexus had the apps button burnt right into the screen. Not without mention, so did the razr. Its the type of screen they both use. :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine has some good burn in. I use my GN as a clock/a;arm, so it displays the clock all night, now it's burned in. It's very noticeable against a white background and not noticeable with other screens, but I'm a little pissed. I started not using it as a clock (the alarm works anyway). Hopefully it'll disappear in time.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine has some good burn in. I use my GN as a clock/a;arm, so it displays the clock all night, now it's burned in. It's very noticeable against a white background and not noticeable with other screens, but I'm a little pissed. I started not using it as a clock (the alarm works anyway). Hopefully it'll disappear in time.

Already?

Can you upload a pic of that? I'm curious as to how that looks. I'd be pissed too since the phones only been out a month and a half.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I used my old phone as a night clock, but held out on this one for this reason alone. i kinda miss not knowing what time it is until i turn my phone on, so i have been looking for a night clock with a moving clock (like floating around the screen)

Reactions: spiff72

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any burn in. Maybe its just the phone, although I'm guessing it would be extremely rare that you got 3 defective phones in a row. Sorry to hear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im on my 3rd Nexus also. 1st had a blown pixel. Second was extremely purple and not black. 3rd is perfect. Im glad it all happened within the time frame.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think some ghosting is normal with this type of screen. Saw the same thing on my wife's Fascinate. I have not seen any discoloration, although my wife's Rezound does seem to have brighter colors, but that's probably because of the different screen types.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I used my old phone as a night clock, but held out on this one for this reason alone. i kinda miss not knowing what time it is until i turn my phone on, so i have been looking for a night clock with a moving clock (like floating around the screen)

Perhaps keep screen on while charging app and live wallpaper click would work.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

On the GN all you need to use is the stock clock app. After you open the app, long click the screen and the background will disappear leaving you with a ICS blue colored clock. The time then floats around the screen in set intervals just like you want. You can rotate it portrait or landscape. Works both ways.

Another tip: If you wait until the point where screen goes dim right before the point where the display turns off, and then long press the screen, you will get a dimmed ICS blue colored clock; also floating around the screen.

YzBrad99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Touch the screen one time during the alarm clock, touch and hold again and the clock turns blue, this blue clock with a black background cycles around the screen throughout the night. That is to prevent burn-in.

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a GSM Gnexus and I've noticed that for some reason my screen doesn't look as bright as my friends Verizon Nexus even when my brightness is turned all the way up has anyone else notice this?

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I use alarm clock plus. Has a screen saver option. As long as you set the screen to not sleep while charging you will get a clock that moves around the screen.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey