Phone not getting 4G signal

rdoib

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I used nexus about a month and now i got bionic. Bionic picks up 4g at lot more places compared to nexus stuck in 3g at those places. VERIZON says it is because nexus gives more accruate reading blah..blah ....but difference in data speed is pretty clear. Samsung and verizon sold an inferior product under the ICS blanket.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone not getting 4g signal

I used nexus about a month and now i got bionic. Bionic picks up 4g at lot more places compared to nexus stuck in 3g at those places. VERIZON says it is because nexus gives more accruate reading blah..blah ....but difference in data speed is pretty clear. Samsung and verizon sold an inferior product under the ICS blanket.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Troller be trollin.

Best of luck with your bionic.

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

I've enjoyed the phone for the most part but I have to agree with you. People making so many excuses about the signal just being different are fools. Obviously the speeds are different also. And if you get 2 bars on one phone and none on another. Guess what? It's possible you don't have a signal at all and that's a big difference. The only difference is I am hoping that it is something that can be fixed with an update.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Its not a matter of being unhappy with the phone, its a matter of the phone working like it should. I love my nexus, but also often have no 4g reception. I think I don't have it more than I do have it. Someone isn't being a troll if they are pointing out a feature on a phone that simply doesn't work well. I must be a troll too. :cool:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Its not a matter of being unhappy with the phone, its a matter of the phone working like it should. I love my nexus, but also often have no 4g reception. I think I don't have it more than I do have it. Someone isn't being a troll if they are pointing out a feature on a phone that simply doesn't work well. I must be a troll too. :cool:

I called him a troll because he has one post, meaning he created an account on this forum for the sole reason of posting a single negative comment. I would not call you a troll because you are an obvious member of the community, not here to just flame a phone in it's own forum and leave.

rosend99

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I have terrible 4G reception, I called Verizon and the told me sorry your in a fringe area but every map they put out and on their web site where you can put in your address it say I am 4G and by the looks of it I am in the middle of $G not fringe.

rdoib

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Well you can dance all u want .....truth is nexus radio needs some ....and Verizon and Samsung can only fix it if they acknowledge the issue first......

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well you can dance all u want .....truth is nexus radio needs some ....and Verizon and Samsung can only fix it if they acknowledge the issue first......

You have a lot of problems with the radio on your Nexus?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to the Galaxy Nexus having worse signal than the Bionic, I've had both phones. The Bionic would hold on to 4G signal much better than the Nexus does. I still love the Nexus though and hope radio updates help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rdoib

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You have a lot of problems with the radio on your Nexus?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

It doesn't pick 4G at places other LTE phones do just fine.. and constant struggle searching for 4G take a toll on battery life.....

horseshoe

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I have terrible 4G reception, I called Verizon and the told me sorry your in a fringe area but every map they put out and on their web site where you can put in your address it say I am 4G and by the looks of it I am in the middle of $G not fringe.

I agree, the Verizon site's map shows my address is dark red, plenty of 4G coverage, no problem. Additionally, there are cell towers surrounding my address, and a corporate store a mile away, but the experience and real results is an illusion.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Didn't notice it in Philadelphia but drove into Newark and Bridgewater and signal is just atrocious. Loss of 4G and 3G. Not cool.

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is really a major issue for me. Missed a call for a job offer yesterday. Raised another escalated ticket with Verizon this morning and they are rolling a network truck out again since the coverage map clearly shows me in what should be a solid 4G (main, not extended) part of the network. Hoping they figure something out.

horseshoe

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
This is really a major issue for me. Missed a call for a job offer yesterday. Raised another escalated ticket with Verizon this morning and they are rolling a network truck out again since the coverage map clearly shows me in what should be a solid 4G (main, not extended) part of the network. Hoping they figure something out.

Had the truck out to analyze same for my address, I think the driver's name was 'hope', but never heard back from the team analyzing the ticket title: Verizon site says dark red 4G, but at the address there is an illusion of coverage. I now only use the 4G when I am away from the address in the busier freeway/street locations.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Nexus, a friend has the RAZR. He definitely gets 4G in places I do not. I do not want them to fix the way the signal is reported, I'm completely fine with it reporting accurately. Hopefully they can update the radios to grab onto and hold weaker 4G signals though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995