Full Backup? - Any apps

crowleynexus

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Without rooting the Gnex .. is there any apps or any way to do a complete backup? If you had hardware issues where you had to replace the phone .. some app that would backup and restore everything.

Crowley

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No, not without rooting. As far as I'm concerned, this is the single failure in the Android world. The only complete backup is a nandroid backup, made in recovery from a rooted phone.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I use mybackuppro, it will restore all of your applications - even the free ones. It can restore pictures and some settings. However unless you're rooted it won't restore all the data.

crowleynexus

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use mybackuppro, it will restore all of your applications - even the free ones. It can restore pictures and some settings. However unless you're rooted it won't restore all the data.

What data won't it restore? Also, does it backup the apps as is? If I have games and have made progress that saves, does the backup save that progress?

thanks<
Crowley

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
What data won't it restore? Also, does it backup the apps as is? If I have games and have made progress that saves, does the backup save that progress?

thanks<
Crowley

It does not restore the actual application data i.e. saved games etc it will only backup the .apk. If you root mybackupro can backup the data + application otherwise its just the application.