I'm having trouble with Slacker using both wifi and mobile network, but the issues are unique.

Specifically, on wifi, I find that the slacker app stops loading/buffering when the phone goes to sleep (even with my wifi policy sent to never sleep when screen goes off).

On 3g/4g, the app crashes when the screen goes off. If I adjust the slacker setting to keep the screen on, it doesn't crash.

I would like to hear of other experiences from Gnex owners who use Slacker. At first, I thought this was a slacker problem. I've been sending them logs, but they haven't found the problem.

I'm now wondering if this is a gnex issue.
    02-07-2012 08:54 AM
    I currently use and love Slacker on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (stock 4.0.2) However Slacker will crash my phone entirely. I mean I am using the app and it is working well and in an instant the entire phone will shut off. There is no hanging or problems the entire phone will instantly shut down and go black.
    It usually happens about 2 times and then if I continue to use the app it won't happen again that day.
    I am certain that this is an Ice Cream Sandwich vs Slacker app issue as non of my other apps cause this.
    Have you tried the Slacker.com forums? That is going to be my next step.
    good luck.
    02-10-2012 04:48 PM
    I can get it to play one song, and then it will start the next, get 30-60 seconds into it and then it pauses like it's buffering, but in reality it's like the software didn't realize that the song changed as hitting next will sometimes restart the song over, or other times just skip it all together. I deleted the slacker folder completely which reset the app and it seemed to help but I haven't listened to it long enough to say that this completely fixed it.
    02-10-2012 05:17 PM
    I don't use Gnex, but I CONSTANTLY have this problem on My TMO Nexus S with Slacker. It really is like the app doesn't know when it's just buffering and when the song is over. It'll also just crash randomly, especially if you try and do something else on your phone, trying to leave Slacker playing in the background. ALSO, I'll often have to open it twice for it to open fully. It's poor programming. And it's really frustrating because I love the service, itself. It's really the only app that I've ever used that I haven't dumped within minutes of using it even though it's a horrible app. I like the service that much and none of the other music streaming apps have the customization that Slacker does. I just wish that they would fix their Android app. I left Rhapsody for them because Rhapsody's app was even worse.
    02-12-2012 11:40 AM
    It's Slacker. I also get hard reboots with it. But it's always been buggy app. Had tons of trouble with it on my D2 as well. I've gone back to Pandora which is unfortunate because i like Slacker's selections better. Too bad they can't figure out how to write a decent app...
    02-12-2012 12:05 PM
    I only use Slacker in car mode, so I can't speak to what happens when the screen locks. I do have a lot of issues with it taking forever (or never) load when trying to go to the Slacker Home screen to switch stations. I use NFC Task Launcher to launch it and Tasker to toggle pause on bluetooth state changes and it behaves erratically occasionally. I've had to reboot the phone a couple times when it gets really dorked up. Pandora is by far a more responsive app, however I like Slacker because I don't have to wait for the next song to buffer when I hit skip/banhammer.
    02-16-2012 05:24 PM
    I too have had numerous issues with slacker which is unfortunate because I like what they play better than Pandora. I would cancel my Pandora One account and sign up for a premium slacker account, but the app keeps messing up. Most of the time the app will play some songs then just stop either in the middle of one, or while it is supposed to be loading another.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away...
    02-17-2012 09:04 AM
    Pandora and Slacker both crashing LTE Galaxy Nexus.

Wiped Cache, Wiped Dalvik, Fixed permissions..

and.. it crashes first song.
    03-09-2012 03:17 PM
    Slacker force closes for me too on my GNex. Sometimes it crashes when I first tune to a station, sometimes it is when it starts a new song, sometimes it's when I switch to another app since it seems to not run well in the background. I used Pandora with my previous phones so I can't comment on how it ran on other phones. I also haven't used Pandora on the GNex, but I will if the Slacker issues aren't fixed soon.
    03-09-2012 03:32 PM
    now ill be uninstalling, wiping both caches again, reinstalling. shutting down. fixing permissions..

----

15 songs in and no crash yet... (which is a record).

steps i took:

1. uninstall
    2. reboot recovery mode
    3. wipe cache
    4. wipe dalvik
    5. reboot phone
    6. reinstall, log-in
    7. reboot recovery mode
    8. wipe cache
    9. wipe dalvik
    10. fix permissions
    11. reboot phone
    03-09-2012 03:39 PM
    No problem at all with Slacker, WiFi or LTE. Running stock 4.0.2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-09-2012 04:34 PM
    I subscribe to slacker and have had the same problems going back to my droid x for almost a year.

Will not stay running in the background. After taking a phone call it will crash. Setting the screen to stay on while charging will cause the screen to stay on all the time regardless if it's plugged in or not.

Also bluetooth controls don't fully work with the g nex, cannot pause a song anymore.

I recommend posting your problems to the slacker android forum forums.slacker.com

I've tried to work with their tech support but they were utterly useless.

I removed auto renew so until the fix the issues i will not pay for another year.
    03-10-2012 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD