Texting a picture fails

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I have 2 phones on my account. My Galaxy Nexus and my wife's Razr Maxx.

On my Galaxy Nexus I cannot send a picture via text message. When I try it just sits at "Sending". A few days later I get a notification that the message could not be sent. I can send text only messages just fine.
My wife's Maxx can send pictures just fine. It actually tells me that the pic is too big and it offers to re-size it before sending, but it works.

Any ideas on how I can go about troubleshooting my issue?

Thanks.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue as well, but only on Wifi for some reason. It usually sends if i am on 3G/4G. Once in awhile it will fail on that too. But when i'm on wifi anywhere it almost always gets stuck on "Sending". Had it work once but it took like 15 minutes, is yours not sending no matter what or do you happen to be on wifi when it happens?

Try it both ways. Mine seems to work 90% of the time on 3g so i make sure i'm on it when i send a picture or i use an email address to send more then 3 at a time.

As far as the file being too big its warned me in the past when i've tried to send a video that was too large, i would assume it would do the same for pics if they were too big.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I have 2 phones on my account. My Galaxy Nexus and my wife's Razr Maxx.

On my Galaxy Nexus I cannot send a picture via text message. When I try it just sits at "Sending". A few days later I get a notification that the message could not be sent. I can send text only messages just fine.
My wife's Maxx can send pictures just fine. It actually tells me that the pic is too big and it offers to re-size it before sending, but it works.

Any ideas on how I can go about troubleshooting my issue?

Thanks.

If you're connected to wifi it won't send. Turn off your wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks folks. That was it. Though when I turn off wi-fi the pending texts never go through. I am able to send new picture text messages just fine on 4G, it is just the ones that I initiated on wi-fi.
I take it that this is a bug? (My previous Droid Incredible and my wife's Razr Maxx can send pictures on wi-fi just fine).

Thanks,

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
My RAZR Maxx HD and my wifes RAZR maxx does the same thing. I shouldn't have to turn off wifi because it worked on wifi before and now within the last couple weeks, it doesn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app