Why Does My 4G LTE Signal Vary So Much Doing Nothing?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My phone is just sitting on my desk next to me, I am not touching it except to turn on the screen every now and then by pressing the power on button and swiping to see the signal strength. It has varied from -83dBm to -115dBm in the last 1/2 hour.

I am not turning it, not using it, not doing anything but turning the screen back on occasionally. Why would the signal vary like that?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This is one of the main things that most of us dislike about the nexus. And its pretty much the ONLY thing. When you were attempting the leaked radio files...that helps with obtaining a little bit more of a stable signal. Short of that...it does fluctuate quite a bit and take a while to switch from 3G to 4G

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: GNex Girl

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the main things that most of us dislike about the nexus. And its pretty much the ONLY thing. When you were attempting the leaked radio files...that helps with obtaining a little bit more of a stable signal. Short of that...it does fluctuate quite a bit and take a while to switch from 3G to 4G
I didn't keep the leaked radios long enough to see much improvement. As soon as I hear back from VZW about the network in my area then I will test the leaked radios for longer.

I didn't want to have a leaked radio on my phone if I got a call!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I didn't keep the leaked radios long enough to see much improvement. As soon as I hear back from VZW about the network in my area then I will test the leaked radios for longer.

I didn't want to have a leaked radio on my phone if I got a call.

Why? The leaked radios are stable, so its not like they'll just cut out or drop signals for no reason.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Why? The leaked radios are stable, so its not like they'll just cut out or drop signals for no reason.

I just wasn't sure what questions they would ask me about my phone. They are supposed to be having the tower engineers check out the tower in my area and if they think the tower is OK, my guess is that they are going to point the finger at my phone. I didn't want them saying I was causing the problem by installing unofficial updates.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just wasn't sure what questions they would ask me about my phone. They are supposed to be having the tower engineers check out the tower in my area and if they think the tower is OK, my guess is that they are going to point the finger at my phone. I didn't want them saying I was causing the problem by installing unofficial updates.

True. Play it safe for now. You can always come on back to the dark side :D

Reactions: GNex Girl

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Speak for yourself! Rock steady and switches networks quickly here....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz