Verizon Galaxy Nexus pricedrop. When??

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Any idea when the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is going to drop in price? I really don't want to spend $300 on it.

If Best Buy would drop it $50, that would make it $250. Then I've got a $50 gift card which would make it $200. Then I still have a $30 New-every-two (assuming Best Buy accepts those) and that would put it at $170. That's a reasonable price at that point. But I keep waiting for the price to drop but nothing so far.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Dude! Relax. Google is furiously working on an update to fix all your pricing issues. Noob! LOL.

Sent from my reactivated Droid Charge using Tapatalk!

lizard260

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
It's on sale for 220 at Costco w wholesale tax rate and mail-away extended battery included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Personally I prefer to wait for VZW to have a sale instead of going with any other retailers. Too much of a headache. Been waiting on another buy one get one sale of the high end androids so I can get me and the wife our first androids but its taking them a while to have a good sale like that.

ether_bunny_

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Why is it too much of a headache to go through amazon? I actually bought 2 phones for the 99 price through amazon and don't regret it.

I had the mic cut out issue and they sent me a new phone to try out already, no questions asked.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally I prefer to wait for VZW to have a sale instead of going with any other retailers. Too much of a headache. Been waiting on another buy one get one sale of the high end androids so I can get me and the wife our first androids but its taking them a while to have a good sale like that.

i went to vzw for my GN because i didn't want to risk loosing my unlimited data by going to a reseller that will only save me 50 bucks. not worth the potential headache to me.

muzhik

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
got mine for 350 on cg, then sold my charge for 250... 100 for gnex, not back, without extending my contract, verizon even gave me free micro sim card.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
You'll only get that price if you are a new customer or you add a line to a family account. Upgrade pricing on an individual or family line is $229.99.

AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

Yes, I was going to post that but you beat me to it. :) Apparently companies make more money off new customers (versus upgrading customers) so they give them bigger discounts. You'd think that they would reward loyal customers, but Oh No! lol

Anyway, I guess I'll just wait until someone has a better deal.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
i went to vzw for my GN because i didn't want to risk loosing my unlimited data by going to a reseller that will only save me 50 bucks. not worth the potential headache to me.

You save more than $50 and the reseller has the option of keeping your current data package, which would be unlimited. No potential headache if you actually look at it.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You save more than $50 and the reseller has the option of keeping your current data package, which would be unlimited. No potential headache if you actually look at it.

Still not worth the potential headache. Seen too many people loose their unlimited data via resellers. You can get it back too, but not without a giant hassle

just not worth it to me.

Dracon6ai

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually questioned Verizon on the "Why Amazon is so cheap" deal. They said because due to Amazon and Verizon policies, Amazon can't grandfather certain promotions, like "Unlimited Data". So supposedly thats why you need a new contract.