Anyone else having issues with Facebook?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So, with the app, itself, it won't let me post or comment on anything. Every time I try, it says something like "cannot post at this time, please try again later". I was hoping the update from a week or so ago would've fixed it, but it didn't. I've tried force stopping the app, clearing the data, and even uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and it still does it.

Not a huge deal, so I've been using the mobile Facebook site on the stock browser. Since yesterday, though, I can't get Facebook to load on the browser... The progress bar just hangs at the beginning until I go to a different site. I thought perhaps yesterday Facebook was doing maintenance, or something, but I've been on it on my desktop computer a lot today, and it still won't load on my phone anymore...

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well. The app just wont load andI also have trouble with the mobile site. I wish I could figure out why but unfortunetly I have no idea.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Facebook has the worst app of any of the social media places IMHO. It was the number 1 cause of giving me headaches on my Dinc, and is quickly becoming the #2 cause on my GN.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Facebook has the worst app of any of the social media places IMHO. It was the number 1 cause of giving me headaches on my Dinc, and is quickly becoming the #2 cause on my GN.

What is your number one cause of headaches on your nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What is your number one cause of headaches on your nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Too many wallpapers :p

I guess FB is now #1. The first was getting 4G, but with my latest setup with the 4.0.4 radios I get it in places previously thought non-existant.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad I am not going nuts. FB app has to be the worst app I have. It works, it doesn't, slow as crap, and with every "upgrade" it gets worse.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The issue dose seem limited to the android platform. Neither my iPad nor my friends with iPhones are having issues. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of it to see if that helps? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't as this seems to be a server side issue, but worth a thought. Also, I don't have a nexus, but this seems to be a cross device issue, so please don't burn me for posting in the Nexus section.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Facebook just works really bad on Android. Its too smooth on the iPhone but when it comes to Android its the worst app. I get worked up when it starts to refresh on its own.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The issue dose seem limited to the android platform. Neither my iPad nor my friends with iPhones are having issues. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of it to see if that helps? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't as this seems to be a server side issue, but worth a thought. Also, I don't have a nexus, but this seems to be a cross device issue, so please don't burn me for posting in the Nexus section.

My wife has been having similar problems with Facebook on her Verizon iPhone 4, so this may not be an Android-only thing. For all we know, it could be a Verizon thing if it isn't a Facebook thing.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm fully convinced it's to make up for how crappy the Google apps are for Apple, and that Zuck is in liege with Apple in order to further world domination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463