Apple seeks Galaxy Nexus injunction in U.S. over four patents

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, its good to see that Apple is carrying on at least one of Jobs wishes, that of spending more and more money on lawsuits against Google.

Let's see if Apple is able to maintain the same level of quality that Jobs demanded.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It'll be funny what happens to Apple after the merger. Not for all the lawsuits but someone needs to stop Apple. While there at it they should counter for the notification drop down.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It'll be funny what happens to Apple after the merger. Not for all the lawsuits but someone needs to stop Apple. While there at it they should counter for the notification drop down.

And voice search.

And multitasking?

How about dragging apps together to make a folder, who's got that one?

This is all utterly ridiculous, and both manufacturers have more than enough to settle. I'm more scared with the fact they're going after ICS.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Motorola's patents say otherwise ;)

Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, unless Google and etc.. hire some extremely talented lawyers to represent them in this, Apple is going to win. The courts and especially judges are not what many can consider tech savy.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Let me correct you they went to the patent holders throw a bunch cash more like a hostile take over then said it was there idea because they own the patents refined it slapped a apple logo and pronounced that they are gods. Well its time the titans rise up.
It makes it tough when Apple believes they created most everything that is on a smartphone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, unless Google and etc.. hire some extremely talented lawyers to represent them in this, Apple is going to win. The courts and especially judges are not what many can consider tech savy.

I don't know to be honest with you. I think the HTC one probably will, but past that? I think they'll see it so generic as to just not care. However, my speciality is tax law and not patent law, so my knowledge of IP is cursory at best.

This is headed towards settlement; no way the Nexus gets taken down ;).

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know to be honest with you. I think the HTC one probably will, but past that? I think they'll see it so generic as to just not care. However, my speciality is tax law and not patent law, so my knowledge of IP is cursory at best.

This is headed towards settlement; no way the Nexus gets taken down ;).

It wouldn't be surprised. I have grown tired of companies using the courts to try and put down their competition rather than simply working to beat them in the market. These lawsuits from Apple make something very clear to me. They are feeling very threatened by Google's success and the success of Android. Add into the mix the company lost its best, strongest leader and the guy who had the tenacity to create the vision for the company and its easy to see why Apple feels the need to try this route.

Reactions: DisturbedShifty

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't be surprised. I have grown tired of companies using the courts to try and put down their competition rather than simply working to beat them in the market. These lawsuits from Apple make something very clear to me. They are feeling very threatened by Google's success and the success of Android. Add into the mix the company lost its best, strongest leader and the guy who had the tenacity to create the vision for the company and its easy to see why Apple feels the need to try this route.

Absolutely. They're probably livid over the whole Germany thing, too.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also patents can be cleverly reworded as not to violate the original patent .
It really comes down to a battle between the lawyers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me, that if apple spent more money on R&D and less on lawyers they would be able to release a ground breaking phone every year.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
well, steve jobs said he would use all of apple's assets to destroy android if he had to. jobs thought that he had a patent on the universe....

Unfortunately, while sitting there eating mangos and reaming out good-natured employees, Jobs failed to grasp the extent to which Google would go to defend itself.

Like buying Motorola, whose patents on the mobile phone would absolutely bring a nuclear winter to the gadget world.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Who would of thunk it? Apple looks like the 2 year old with a tantrum and Microsoft looking like the calm adult

Apple sues, Microsoft makes deals

Microsoft makes $6-$10 on 70% of all Android phones. Almost 5 million dollars per day. Without a single lawsuit. For doing nothing at all. More money than they'll ever make on Windows phone.

Reactions: jroc