02-12-2012 09:58 PM
31 12
tools
    02-11-2012 12:51 PM
    Well, its good to see that Apple is carrying on at least one of Jobs wishes, that of spending more and more money on lawsuits against Google.

Let's see if Apple is able to maintain the same level of quality that Jobs demanded.
    02-11-2012 12:56 PM
    Oh good.
    02-11-2012 12:59 PM
    It'll be funny what happens to Apple after the merger. Not for all the lawsuits but someone needs to stop Apple. While there at it they should counter for the notification drop down.
    02-11-2012 01:10 PM
    It'll be funny what happens to Apple after the merger. Not for all the lawsuits but someone needs to stop Apple. While there at it they should counter for the notification drop down.
    And voice search.

And multitasking?

How about dragging apps together to make a folder, who's got that one?

This is all utterly ridiculous, and both manufacturers have more than enough to settle. I'm more scared with the fact they're going after ICS.
    02-11-2012 01:14 PM
    It makes it tough when Apple believes they created most everything that is on a smartphone.
    robstunner likes this.
    02-11-2012 02:39 PM
    It makes it tough when Apple believes they created most everything that is on a smartphone.
    Unfortunately, Motorola's patents say otherwise
    02-11-2012 02:40 PM
    Unfortunately, Motorola's patents say otherwise
    Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, unless Google and etc.. hire some extremely talented lawyers to represent them in this, Apple is going to win. The courts and especially judges are not what many can consider tech savy.
    02-11-2012 02:42 PM
    Let me correct you they went to the patent holders throw a bunch cash more like a hostile take over then said it was there idea because they own the patents refined it slapped a apple logo and pronounced that they are gods. Well its time the titans rise up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    02-11-2012 02:45 PM
    Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, unless Google and etc.. hire some extremely talented lawyers to represent them in this, Apple is going to win. The courts and especially judges are not what many can consider tech savy.
    I don't know to be honest with you. I think the HTC one probably will, but past that? I think they'll see it so generic as to just not care. However, my speciality is tax law and not patent law, so my knowledge of IP is cursory at best.

This is headed towards settlement; no way the Nexus gets taken down .
    02-11-2012 02:46 PM
    I don't know to be honest with you. I think the HTC one probably will, but past that? I think they'll see it so generic as to just not care. However, my speciality is tax law and not patent law, so my knowledge of IP is cursory at best.

This is headed towards settlement; no way the Nexus gets taken down .
    It wouldn't be surprised. I have grown tired of companies using the courts to try and put down their competition rather than simply working to beat them in the market. These lawsuits from Apple make something very clear to me. They are feeling very threatened by Google's success and the success of Android. Add into the mix the company lost its best, strongest leader and the guy who had the tenacity to create the vision for the company and its easy to see why Apple feels the need to try this route.
    DisturbedShifty likes this.
    02-11-2012 02:52 PM
    It wouldn't be surprised. I have grown tired of companies using the courts to try and put down their competition rather than simply working to beat them in the market. These lawsuits from Apple make something very clear to me. They are feeling very threatened by Google's success and the success of Android. Add into the mix the company lost its best, strongest leader and the guy who had the tenacity to create the vision for the company and its easy to see why Apple feels the need to try this route.
    Absolutely. They're probably livid over the whole Germany thing, too.
    02-11-2012 02:56 PM
    Absolutely. They're probably livid over the whole Germany thing, too.
    They probably are.
    02-11-2012 03:00 PM
    Also patents can be cleverly reworded as not to violate the original patent .
    It really comes down to a battle between the lawyers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    02-11-2012 03:10 PM
    Seems to me, that if apple spent more money on R&D and less on lawyers they would be able to release a ground breaking phone every year.
    02-11-2012 03:10 PM
    Seems to me, that if apple spent more money on R&D and less on lawyers they would be able to release a ground breaking phone every year.

well, steve jobs said he would use all of apple's assets to destroy android if he had to. jobs thought that he had a patent on the universe....
    02-11-2012 03:13 PM
    well, steve jobs said he would use all of apple's assets to destroy android if he had to. jobs thought that he had a patent on the universe....
    Unfortunately, while sitting there eating mangos and reaming out good-natured employees, Jobs failed to grasp the extent to which Google would go to defend itself.

Like buying Motorola, whose patents on the mobile phone would absolutely bring a nuclear winter to the gadget world.
    02-11-2012 03:20 PM
    Google should just stop letting Apple use Google Maps or any other Google app on their phone (YouTube, docs, etc.)... then see what happens.
    02-11-2012 03:57 PM
    Who would of thunk it? Apple looks like the 2 year old with a tantrum and Microsoft looking like the calm adult

Apple sues, Microsoft makes deals

Microsoft makes $6-$10 on 70% of all Android phones. Almost 5 million dollars per day. Without a single lawsuit. For doing nothing at all. More money than they'll ever make on Windows phone.
    jroc likes this.
    02-11-2012 04:39 PM
    Google should just stop letting Apple use Google Maps or any other Google app on their phone (YouTube, docs, etc.)... then see what happens.
    Google makes a lot of money having those apps on the iPhone so I don't see them doing that.
    02-11-2012 04:49 PM
    Google should just stop letting
    ng Apple use Google Maps or any other Google app on their phone (YouTube, docs, etc.)... then see what happens.
    That might infuriate them enough to go after anyone that has/used any kind of sliding door hahaha. I'm sure Apple has a "patent" for that as well.
    02-11-2012 04:50 PM
    Google makes a lot of money having those apps on the iPhone so I don't see them doing that.
    Right, I was kidding, of course. It's just funny to think how Apple is constantly suing someone who's apps come pre-installed on their phone.
    02-11-2012 05:34 PM
    next we'll hear that apple is suing samsung and motorola because their employees use the bathroom sometimes-and apples has a patent on that one too!
    02-11-2012 09:13 PM
    Slide to Unlock on the G Nex being targeted by Apple.

I seriously dont think anyone at Apple has ever used a G Nex. Cant the icon be rotated 360 degrees? Did they ever use the one Woz got or did they just see him with one and go mad with hate and decide to sue?

I really dont get it with that one...I'm more surprised that Apple isnt going after Google for the changes to the Settings area in Honeycomb and ICS. Look at the on/off slider in different Settings...now look at iOS Settings area.

Maybe that lawsuit will come next after someone at Apple actually sits down and uses a G Nex.
    02-12-2012 07:29 AM
    I found "prior art" on the slide-to-unlock patent:

Yeah the idea is not really all that new
    02-12-2012 11:37 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD