Tasker Profiles

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I would buy Tasker immediately if it had one feature: Detect bluetooth connection/disconnect.

When I get into my car my phone automatically connects with my Ford Sync via bluetooth. (I don't use a car dock, it just sits in the cup holder.) If I could change settings based upon the bluetooth connect and then undo those settings when I get out of my car and the bluetooth disconnects I'd be golden.

Is there a way to do this in tasker? Or maybe some other app?

Have you bought it yet? Tasker has Bluetooth Connected to function, I use it to detect when I am home (Bluetooth Connected XLink Gateway) to turn on WiFi. Also use to detect connection of BT Headphones to turn Media Volume to max and all other volumes to min.

ssummer

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Tasker sounds like a very powerful app. I was wondering if it could do a few possible tasks:

1. Have it turn off 4G when it picks up my work or home wifi? (or does Android do that already?)
2. SMS repeat notifications (for example, if I get a SMS notification and don't hear it, can Tasker re-notify me every 1min or so?)
3. Automatically connect to a wifi that requires web sign-on (i.e. my work wifi requires I go into the browser and click on an acceptable-use agreement every time I connect)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have Tasker detect when my bluetooth connects to my Honda. It then sends a reply message to anybody on my contact list who sends a text during that time that I am driving and will text them back when I am no longer driving.

Tasker can tell different bluetooth connections so that command is for when it connects only to my Honda.

Tasker is worth every penny.

Can you share with me where I need to go within Tasker to have it react to the connection of bluetooth? I've looked but can figure that one out.

bigblt

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I recently started using tasker and love it so far. I have a few simple profiles.

Wifi on, turns wifi on when i am at my house by using the cell towers around my house to know where i am.

Wifi off, opposite as above for when i leave my house.

Upside down vibrate, when i put my phone down flat with the screen down it puts my phone into vibrate mode and does a quick vibrate to let me know its enabled. This is great for meetings cause i can do it so quickly.

Silence sms, due to work i constantly get automatic texts from a specific number that gives me info that i dont need right away. This profile just silences that number when i recieve texts from it.

What i am trying to create but dont know if it can be done is have a profile take a front facing picture when someone guesses my pattern lock wrong. Does anybody know if its possible?

I have a profile I call secret camera that does exactly what you're asking. Your phone must be rooted and you need to have the app SECURE SETTINGS installed.

NEW PROFILE-(Whatever Name You Want)
Select State/Plug Ins/Secure Settings/Edit Configuration to
Failed Login Attempts to 1 and check the box for Device Admin Enabled.
New Task(whatever name you want)
Select Action/Media/Take Photo-set to front camera-Filename(whatever you want) Check Box To Insert Into Gallery And Box For Discreet. Then Set The Resolution To Your Preference. Press The Confirm Checkmark And ENJOY!!!!

Last edited:

bigblt

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I see people are using Tasker to automate the pattern unlock...
is it possible to have it turn off screen unlock?
When I'm home i just want to hit the power button and go right to my homescreen. I don't even want to see the lockscreen.

Yes tasker is amazing! If you have a home Wi-Fi network you can set that up very easily. Also you can do it with the cell towers around your house.

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a profile I call secret camera that does exactly what you're asking. Your phone must be rooted and you need to have the app SECURE SETTINGS installed.

NEW PROFILE-(Whatever Name You Want)
Select State/Plug Ins/Secure Settings/Edit Configuration to
Failed Login Attempts to 1 and check the box for Device Admin Enabled.
New Task(whatever name you want)
Select Action/Media/Take Photo-set to front camera-Filename(whatever you want) Check Box To Insert Into Gallery And Box For Discreet. Then Set The Resolution To Your Preference. Press The Confirm Checkmark And ENJOY!!!!
I'm doing this as well but added a task after taking the picture to automatically upload the picture to Dropbox using the Dropsync App plug in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

toasty87

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing this as well but added a task after taking the picture to automatically upload the picture to Dropbox using the Dropsync App plug in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I also used this profile and added a pop up message: "Uh Oh! I just took your photo!"

Select Action / Alert / Popup / Title it whatever you want "Uh Oh!"/In Text, put whatever message you want them to see. / Set timeout to whatever you want / press checkmark and you're done.

Last edited:

rockerboy402

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
New to Tasker, and Android, but here is what I have so far (granted this is HTC One S):

Tasks
WiFi On:
WiFi = On

WiFi Off:
WiFi = Off

Data On:
Mobile Data = On
Mobile Data APN = On

Data Off:
Mobile Data = Off
Mobile Data APN = Off

AutoSync:
AutoSync = On
Wait = 30 Minutes
AutoSync = Off

Arrive Work:
WiFi = On
Ringer Volume = 2

Leave Work:
WiFi = Off
Ringer Volume = 7

Profiles:

WiFi/Data Toggle (This one saves me some on battery when I'm connected to WiFi):
Context = WiFi Connected
Task = Data Off
End Task = Data On

Home:
Context: Location = GPS Of Home (I just use a wide-radius Net and not GPS itself)
Task = WiFi On
End Task = WiFi Off

Work:
Context: Location = GPS Of Work (Same as home for coordinates)
Task = Arrive Work
End Task = Leave Work

AutoSync Work (Great to sync all my days work up before leaving):
Context: WiFi Connected | Time = 1600 - 1700 | Active Profile = Work
Task = AutoSync

AutoSync Home (Overnight sync):
Context: WiFi Connected | Time = 0100 - 0200 | Active Profile = Home
Task = AutoSync
Notes: So AutoSync home requires my profile to be set to home, even at 1am. Main reason is on the weekends if I'm out at the club, one of the clubs has a WiFi that I connect to. I don't want my phone AutoSync'ing when I'm not at home regardless of the hour of the day.

That is all I have for now. Keep in mind I've only had the app installed for about an hour. I tried to set it up so some of my profiles would cascade if needed. I'll post more as I come up with them.

gonzlobo

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering tasker, however, a question.

Can I disable LTE at work and leave 3g running? My GN drains horribly if it's constantly searching for LTE. I can't seem to do this with CM10 Profiles or NFC.

jackattack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of similar tasks already posted. Here are some more:

Keyboard Toggle: I assign this task to a long press of the menu softkey in AOKP. It cycles between Swype, SwiftKey, and the Android Keyboard. No IME switcher dialog, just drops the current keyboard and brings up the next.

Task: Keyboard Toggle
If %MYKB ~ 3
Secure Settings Input Method Swiftkey
Variable Set %MYKB = 1
Stop
Else If %MYKB ~ 1
Secure Settings Input Method Swype
Variable Set %MYKB = 2
Stop
Else
Secure Settings Input Method Android Keyboard
Variable Set %MYKB = 3
End If

Bluetooth Check: I don't like to leave Bluetooth on all the time but still want it to automatically connect to my car when I leave the house.

Profile: BT_connected
Context: State Bluetooth Connected : Parrot
Task: Variable Set %BTC = 1
Exit Task: Variable Clear %BTC

Profile: FiOS
Context: State WiFi Connected : FiOS
Task: Variable Set %FIOS = 1
Exit Task: Variable Set %FIOS = 0

Profile: BT_Check
Context: Variable Set %FIOS ~ 0
Task: Wait 25 seconds (in case of a temporary disconnect)
Stop if %FIOS ~ 1
Stop if %BTC ~ 1
Variable Set %BTCHECKING = 1
Bluetooth On
Wait 1 minute
Bluetooth Off if %BTC !~ 1
Variable Set %BTCHECKING = 0

RockDoggy

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
3) Night mode task - launched with NFC tag on bedside table using NFC task launcher
Turns up alarm volume, turns notification light off, turns down ringer, turns off vibrate, turns on auto brightness and turns off display rotation

I'm curious how you accomplished turning off the notification light. I would dearly love to do this at night when my alarm clock app is active, but nothing I've tried so far has had any effect. And googling it hasn't gotten me anywhere either.

Hope you can offer me a way forward! Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see that it can be done.

rustycaterpillar

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
So after looking into this a bit, one of the primary tasks I wanted to do is not available. I wanted to be able auto start the GPS when I opened Maps but that feature is disabled in the OS.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
what is a good source for NFC tags to try some of these? this is very interesting to me

I always found tasker a bit to complex to tinker with so I went NFC.
I bought tags from Tagstand.com (great cs). Using th nfc app that they now partnered up with I have a tag by my door at home and one at work.
I hit the tag and it turns on BT, turns off wifi starts up sirius xm and away I go.

When I get to work, it turns off radio, bt, turns on wifi and launches foursquare, and lowers my volume.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I always found tasker a bit to complex to tinker with so I went NFC.
I bought tags from Tagstand.com (great cs). Using th nfc app that they now partnered up with I have a tag by my door at home and one at work.
I hit the tag and it turns on BT, turns off wifi starts up sirius xm and away I go.

When I get to work, it turns off radio, bt, turns on wifi and launches foursquare, and lowers my volume.

Llama ids pretty simple and works well if you want a tasker replacement.

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've begun creating a profile scheduler. You can manually change your sound settings using a shortcut added to your home page or add a date and time to allow for automatic changes.
I've only spent a few hours on it so it's not complete but it has basic functionality. This is also my first time creating scenes. If anyone is interested I can post more updates to the file when I tweak it. And if you want to see specific options added comment and I'll see what I can do.

To add it to a home page long click and select to add a Shortcut. Select Task Cut then Profiles. If your launcher supports gestures, like swiping up on a bottom bar icon, you can also set it to launch the Shortcut this way. Two automatic profiles are already created (Work and Sleep) so you'll want to change the date and times to suit your own needs. If you add a new timed schedule there are currently 3 tasks you can choose to add (NormalPro, VibratePro, SilentPro). The settings with Pro at the end mean Profile and these will be the automated settings. If you tap on one of the 3 buttons it will manually enable that setting and disable any automatic times schedules. If you long click one of the 3 buttons it will enable that setting and not turn off the automatic timed schedules. Alternately, you can click the green button to turn on/off the timed profiles.

So far the only setting available is "Close on Select" meaning if enabled it will close the main Profiles window upon selecting one of the 3 profile settings.

Installation: Download the attached file to your "sdcard/tasker" folder on your phone, open Tasker and long press on a top Projects tab, and select Import.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jod69wjjugwyi1/ProfilesV1.0.prj.xml
Future Plans:
Add specific volume adjustment levels for Normal to simulate indoor volume needs.
Add more Profiles like Outdoor which will have higher volume levels
Add options for screen brightness settings
Add a whitelist/blacklist
Add option to auto enable profiles based on location
Add option to turn on/off functions like mobile data, wifi, blutooth based on the schedule selected

Screenshot_2012-10-09-08-05-29[1].pngScreenshot_2012-10-09-08-05-35[1].png

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
What i am trying to create but dont know if it can be done is have a profile take a front facing picture when someone guesses my pattern lock wrong. Does anybody know if its possible?

That's a great idea! I want that in 4.2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908