Voice commands / search not working when gmail account added

nzdreamer55

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a very strange problem with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus that I cannot get support for and thus am turning to different forums looking for help.
Currently, my phone will do voice searches and other things that it is suppose to do (take a message, set a reminder, etc.) as long as I have not associated my google account with my phone. I created a short video of what happens so you can see it on youtube.

Since it seems like this is an issue with google, I really have not been able to get any help. I tried posting within the google groups for help, but no help as of now (maybe about 1 week has past.) Is there a google phone number I can call or an e-mail I could write to? I think that it has to do with my account so I really don't know where to go from here.

I did create a new gmail account (google account) and the NEW account works fine. It is my old account that I have had since 2009 that will not work. I really don't want to get a new account so any help would be really appreciated.

I did search the forums, but never found anything close to this problem and only one person posted a comment on the youtube video with the same problem (I think).

Samsung Galaxy Nexus won't voice search - YouTube

I forgot to mention that I am on Verizon in the USA running Android 4.0.2. Baseband version I515.10 V.EK05 / I515.EK02
Kernel version 3.0.8-gaaa2611 android-build@apa28#1
Build number ICL53F

I also note that my phone was made in korea

Thank you for any help you can give me.
-S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs