Quick way to mute/silence on unlock screen?

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I know there isn't a deticated switch like the iPhone. And on the Razr there is an onscreen switch to turn off ringer. Does the vzw nexus have a feature like this?

And I know Samsung doesn't have a desk dock. But if your in the clock app you can have the phone in landscape and have the phone auto rotate correct?

One last question - has Samsung addressed the low volume of the speaker? (I would rather avoid the sound plus app)

I'm thinking of switching from ios due to larger screen.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I know there isn't a deticated switch like the iPhone. And on the Razr there is an onscreen switch to turn off ringer. Does the vzw nexus have a feature like this?

And I know Samsung doesn't have a desk dock. But if your in the clock app you can have the phone in landscape and have the phone auto rotate correct?

One last question - has Samsung addressed the low volume of the speaker? (I would rather avoid the sound plus app)

I'm thinking of switching from ios due to larger screen.

To mute from the lock screen, or any other screen. Press and hold down the power button and select silence phone.

When I am in the clock app, the phone auto rotates.

In 4.0.4 the volume is much louder.

Reactions: johnner1999

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got it! Yay me.

Get this volume control app

It's not a widget it's an overlay. choose the location as top and full.
I make it 1 mm thick and have it auto hide, set it's control to ringer or volume and when you need it, slide above your top screen edge at any time. If only you could do multiple volumes, one of my favorite apps, I use it too control music volume, but I realized (took me long enough) that you could do it on the lock screen.