Guys, I unlocked and rooted my Galaxy Nexus but kept everything stock. Downloaded ROM manager and the first thing I did was make a recovery for myself. A few days later, when the 4.04 zip was leaked onto the forums, I downloaded the file and flashed it. I havent messed with anything since.

Come today, I tried to do another back up in ROM manger but my phone does nothing after I execute the commands. Then I tried to reboot into recovery, but nothing happens.

Finally, I tried to boot into recovery by powering up my phone by holding down the volume button and I am still unable to get into recovery.

Can anyone give me a hand as to what may have happened?

Thanks!
    02-16-2012 01:33 PM
    Update: I was able to get into recovery (wasnt holding down the volume up AND down keys with power button) and when I selected "Recovery" all i got was the android with an open chest plate with a Red Triangle and Black exclaimation point. Screen stayed like that and eventually booted up normally.

Not sure whats wrong.
    02-16-2012 02:09 PM
    Update: I was able to get into recovery (wasnt holding down the volume up AND down keys with power button) and when I selected "Recovery" all i got was the android with an open chest plate with a Red Triangle and Black exclaimation point. Screen stayed like that and eventually booted up normally.

Not sure whats wrong.
    Yes, recovery is Up + Down. I made the same mistake a few weeks ago
    02-16-2012 02:27 PM
    I'm a noob for sure, but it sounds like your phone got unrooted when you updated to 4.04
    02-16-2012 03:52 PM
    OK. I missed the other issue you talked about. The problem is CWM was removed when you loaded the new rom. If you want to keep Clockwork Mod on there and keep it from getting overwritten (and of course this is what you want), it's been detailed a few places. I could not find a specific AC post on the manual process to fix this, so I'll direct you to stack exchange.

rom flashing - Why isn't Clockworkmod Recovery "Sticking"? - Android - Stack Exchange

I had the same problem and I found the solution is to rename a file in the system folder:

remount /system in read/write mode (use something like the Root Explorer app or ES File Explorer; both have root modes (check the app's settings) for remounting /system as writable)
    rename the /system/recovery-from-boot.p to /system/recovery-from-boot.p-bak
    (note: you could delete it, but renaming is much safer since its easily reversible)

you could also do this manually in an adb shell or on-phone Terminal session:

mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p-bak
    after you've renamed the file, you might have to re-flash your CWM if it had been missing previously
    Neptune79 likes this.
    02-16-2012 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD