Any former BB users?

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally came from iOS and short timed webOS. I love my gnex but have always been intrigued by BB. So much so that I'm even considering getting one to play with. What are the pros/cons? Also, I don't play many games, I do browse a lot and YouTube but mostly deal with productivity type stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a BlackBerry owner over 2 years ago. But I still love BlackBerrys dont get me wrong. But the experience on Android vs BlackBerry is totally diffferent. You can browse the web on websites and look at the pages in full, like a true desktop experience. I did buy the Bold Touch screen when it came out. I liked it, but Android still did it better 5X more then that. The whole pinch to zoom, using the internet on the phone, using your media, the camera and camcorder, everything. Its almost like the everything experience about it is fantastic.

Basically the BlackBerry is the best physical typing device. But everything else, is better on Android. I suggest you go play with one for a bit first. To see if its what you like. The Nexus is like the baddest phone out right now. Take a walk on the wild side my friend. You will be happy you did :)

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response T. I do love my gnex. Maybe I'll look for a cheap BB on Craigslist and just pick it up to play with for a while, see what fits.

jbliv63

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Had a curve and two bolds before I switched. BB is a great messaging device but little else. Web browsing, apps, multimedia, all are improved on Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a Curve and then moved to a Bold totaling about years. Great messaging, well built phones. Browsing the internet was a pain and there was very little app support.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I left BB when the original Motorola Droid was released and haven't looked back. BB were great for sending emails and text because of the physical keyboard and that was the only advantage over Android. I started with the 8330 Curve > Storm > Tour and the only really bad one was the Storm had to restart that one about twice a day which seemed to take 10 minutes. I have been very happy with Android andy Nexus has been my favorite so far.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to be an ardent fan of BB. Switched to Android a few years ago and have never looked back. While I do miss the BB keyboard, the operating system cannot hold a candle to Ice Cream Sandwich

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a blackberry for work calls and email and have had it for the last 8 months. When I got it I was intrigued by it since I had never actually owned one before.

It took all of 10 minutes of playing with it for the luster to run dry.

I hauled 2 phones around everywhere until December. When I got my gnex I added it to my corporate exchange sync and Sophos Mobile Control server, set my email to sync with it, and forwarded all calls from my BB to my gnex. I have not touched the BB in my drawer since dec 16th.

That being said, there are a lot of people out there that like blackberries, but I am not one of them.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a curve on Sprint and I loved it. I wish I could use it as my backup on Verizon. That thing lasted for days on a single charge. And I loved the keyboard even with my big hands.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you've been pounding Cindy Crawford every night, and you wanna go out and see what Roseanne Bar will be like?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to be an ardent fan of BB. Switched to Android a few years ago and have never looked back. While I do miss the BB keyboard, the operating system cannot hold a candle to Ice Cream Sandwich

Exactly the same way.

If they made a quality portrait BB-style keyboard with a modern high-end Android device, I'd be all over it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was a bb user before Android hit the market. When Android hit the market ie, the G1, I switched. The G1 was okay, but like so many other HTC devices, the battery was complete garbage. I also do not believe the G1 ever became what they claimed it would be prior to its release. I think switched back to bb. I decided to try the bb Storm, followed by the Storm 2. Another huge mistake. Neither lived up to the hype. From there I went back to Android starting again with the Motorola Droid.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Had a BB curve briefly when I was on Sprint because I got tired of my Transform freezing up. It was GREAT for typing messages and things like that, but to even browse mobile web pages (this before the current line up) was a pain. And the app selection was very limited after coming from Android. You'll start to miss it, even if you don't use a lot of apps.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I went from palm os on kyocera to the treo, to the moto q9m and a bb curve before getting my android devices two years ago.
Only one I miss sometimes is the keyboard of the moto q9m. The bb curve stunk. slow, froze. all apps tied to a pin # was a pain.

bbm5 was great but on my 8330 it should never have been released.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have used BB for six or seven years & the one that am on now is the BB 9930 & it is the best BB that have had plus has a webkit HTML browser & a 1.2 MHz cpu , it is a nice phone . I got the Droid Razr Maxx Monday & still learning how to use it & setting things up. I have a lot of questions & hope the people here will be patient with me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36