Funny Story

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Found a place that let's you use Google Wallet;
I am so excited about using it, I get to the check out counter. Pull my phone out James Bond style and sent my phone bouncing off the counter and on to the floor. Battery goes of in one direction, cover in another and phone bounces in to my foot. So after I am over my "deer in the headlights" look, I collect my parts assemble them back together, reboot my phone and finally use Google wallet. This did no go as expected, but I did find out this phone can take a pretty good fall and Google wallet is still cool no matter how big of a fool you make of yourself look like when trying to use it.

Reactions: greydarrah

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea using wallet is a blast, especially the reactions of some of the cashiers.
There was one cashier that told me she was going to verizon the next day to get a Nexus.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is where I changed how I hold and grab the phone. I figured since it is a touch screen and I keep it locked that I can pull it out sturdy with full fingers on the front and back of the phone (don't hold it like a compact disk) and we'll avoid a lot of drops.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am so excited about using it, I get to the check out counter. Pull my phone out James Bond style and sent my phone bouncing off the counter and on to the floor. Battery goes of in one direction, cover in another and phone bounces in to my foot. So after I am over my "deer in the headlights" look, I collect my parts assemble them back together, reboot my phone and finally use Google wallet. This did no go as expected, but I did find out this phone can take a pretty good fall and Google wallet is still cool no matter how big of a fool you make of yourself look like when trying to use it.

LOL That's funny. Probably not for the impatient ones in line behind you though! ;)

plumhead

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea using wallet is a blast, especially the reactions of some of the cashiers.
There was one cashier that told me she was going to verizon the next day to get a Nexus.

Yeah I've had the exact opposite reaction. A cashier at 7-Eleven got really upset when I used it and gave me a death glare. I think that he thought I was somehow hacking the system or something, haha.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've had the exact opposite reaction. A cashier at 7-Eleven got really upset when I used it and gave me a death glare. I think that he thought I was somehow hacking the system or something, haha.

Nah he was just jealous his iPhone can't do it.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Haha, good thing the GN boots up quick and doesn't have all that blur to load! Investing in a case perhaps? Good laugh, great recovery though :cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49