Chrome Beta gives itself default status by default?

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
In the regular browser when I clicked a youtube link I had the choice to open in browser or to open in Youtube app, I dont have that choice anymore because Chrome doesnt give it to me, it just launches in chrome now.

Also (not every link) there have been some links to apps in the market and it wont allow me to make the market open by default, it just opens the market page in chrome.

Anyone else have this problem?

I cleared defaults for everything (chrome, browser, market, youtube) and still have these issues.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
uninstall Chrome, use as normal, then reinstall it.

It still asked me every time which browser to use as I'm not fully sold on Chrome yet due to Flash.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Change Default Apps
If you have an application set as the default for some action – for example, a particular browser is the default for opening web pages – you can change that. Find the app in Settings > Manage Applications, then tap Clear Defaults.
This also applies to launchers. If you want to try another one, then remove your current selection as the default; whenever you press Home it’ll let you choose between all the launchers you have installed, until you select a new default.

copied from
40+ Tips and Tricks to Get the Most Out of Android | Android.AppStorm

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you guys go to this link in the chrome browser and click to launch the embedded video into YouTube does it launch YouTube app? Open it in the browser (YouTube.com)? Or does it give you a choice?

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-oem-desktop-dock-review

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Edit. I don't get the option as well. It becomes a pita when I got to a flash site and have to open the browser just to view. But its probably because your allready using chrome and it just thinks you would like to continue to use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I see. In Chrome there is no choice to open in the youtube app when the embedded video is tapped. It just tries to play it in the browser itself. Same action for the stock browser it initially plays on the site, but in the stock browser I can subsequently tap the youtube logo near bottom right to take me to the app. I do not see this in Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome