Your regular screen brightness

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering, what is your regular screen brightness?

I average about 9-10 battery hours with moderate to heavy use with my brightness mostly at 10%, which is generally plenty bright enough for everyday use indoors.

I have a toggle that toggles amongst 10% (most of the day), 30% (in my car, general outside), and 80% (rare use for direct sunlight, when I'm out on the mountain wearing dark goggles or sunglasses).

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine at 60% all the time. Go to bed at mid night with about 40% to 50% battery left after 1.5 to 2 hours screen time. What screen time are you getting from your 9 to 10 hours? That's the only real measure of your battery. From my reading here, most folks get about 3.5 to 5 hours (which is about where my usage falls).

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Before it was normally around 15-20% as I like it illuminated a little bit. But recently I installed an app called Lux Dash Auto brightness http://https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vito.lux.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS52aXRvLmx1eC5mcmVlIl0.. It does a fantastic job managing your Auto brightness in different conditions and the app uses little to no battery. I would recommend this app highly to everyone and you could even train it to know how bright or dark you want in it different situations.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine on 40%. Auto brightness is too dim for me.
I charge my phone regularly so I don't worry about battery life.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I use auto. Battery life is OK usually plug in twice a day anyway, guess I'm a power user. 100 is unnecessarily too bright. Auto is OK since I work inside and outside, just point the sensor to the sun and it adjusts good enough for me.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I use the power control widget

I keep it at the dimmest settings while at work (yes it's barely viewable)

I turn it up to the max within the power control widget when at home and/or close to an outlet (yes it's unnecessarily bright)

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I like it over bright too. The screen is just too beautiful to not enjoy it with the brightness turned way up. At night I like to use auto because maximum brightness lites up a dark room too much, but during the day I like to crank it up all the way. Funny thing is I have not noticed much impact to my battery life. That does not mean I get good battery life. I found I had the same poor battery life regardless of my brightness setting so might as well crank it up. I am also frequently near power for a recharge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised that 40+% brightness isn't too bright for most of you. 30% is plenty bright for me, even outside (though direct sunlight I up it to 80%). The screen is well-viewable at 10% brightness even under bright indoor lights.

I haven't really looked at screen time before; I'll keep an eye on it. In terms of battery life, I'm actually okay with it and can get through pretty much an entire day without plugging it in with average use. Heavy use though I'll eventually need to charge it sometime during the day. I was considering getting the basic extended battery. The only things I can think of that may drain battery life on my phone is Beautiful Widgets (weather refresh every 1 hr), Wordfeud, and Facebook (notifications off).

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I leave mine at 50% most of the time. Auto makes it too dark, although I have the power widget so I can swap through them easy. Would love it at 100% all day, but also like to have a battery with power.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I leave mine on auto as well. Most of my day is spent inside, so having the screen be fairly dimly lit is fine, and when I do go outside I don't need to worry about being able to see.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
usually keep mine at around 20-40%.
100% brightness is crazy bright when you are anywhere other than in direct sunlight...it almost burns my eyes.
but it is awesome when outside. best screen for outdoor viewing i have seen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech