google maps always shows running

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue. For some reason everytime i bring up my list of apps running google maps always appears even though i never went into it. I force stop and close it and couple minutes later it will be in the list again.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't bother me .It doesnt drain the battery ,actually continuing stopping it ,,,and it restarting will probably use more battery life .
Maps shows running in my incredible as well ,I just dont get ocd about it lol ;)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny that I saw this thread this morning since my GF who also got a GNexus asked me about this the other day. I never had this issue but apparently she does... doesn't drain any noticeable battery life but she was asking me why it does that and I couldn't tell her why except it was probably a bug.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I woas wondering this too. Right after flashing 4.0.4 I had 3 Maps processes running, and that WAS killing my battery life, maps was always at the top of the list. Manually going In and killing those resolved that. Theres still always one going, but no more battery drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2