News app for GN best one

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i live in NYC so there are a lot of news apps i am looking for an app that will be great on the nexus and give be both local and world news and easy to use. any suggestions on what to use. i know there are many and i know its personal but there must be an app that just does it right!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My favorite is Google Reader you can select what news you want to follow from local to world new and best of all Android Central :)

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
News apps really rely a lot on personal preference, I'm pretty sure that the NY Times app requires a subscription, but I haven't looked at it in a while. The USA Today app works well, but doesn't have the local news that your looking for. All of the major news channels have apps on the market (CNN FOX MSNBC etc...).

You might want to give Google Currents a try, it allows you to subscribe to different news sources (including Android Central). I have been using it since it became available, and really like it so far. I like having all of the different news available under a single app.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The nexus has a news app/widget. You can set it to display top stories, U.S. stories, health, etc. You can also set it to display news about your own interests.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
NY Times mobile app is included in your default bookmarks in the browser, along with CNN, EPSN and a few others. It's free, maybe the desktop online version is a paid service.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Pulse. Lots of different news outlets to choose from and you can customize what you see to your liking. Has a nice widget too.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Pulse. I've tried others but I'm a fan of the Pulse UI that gives you a quick snapshot into the stories not only within a single source, but across all sources. Another real nice feature is synchronization between devices. I use it on both my GN and my GTab10.1. It keeps all my sources synchronized as well as the read status of each individual story.

I really wanted to like Google Currents. It's very pretty but there is no way to scan all of the articles across news sources...which again is a feature of Pulse that I am a fan of.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't use news apps often. The one I've preferred when using it was Pulse.

I use Google Reader as a podcast catcher and it works well for general news also.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What are the 3rd party news apps providng that the stock news app doesn't?

I have the stock news app retrieve local, world, U.S., and top stories news, news about android, health, sci-fi, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith