how do i stop ongoing downloads ?

clejon

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This was the answer - Thank you. I had a download notification that would not go away. I even uninstalled the app but that didn't help. After going to Apps slide the top bar to the left from Downloaded.....Running......then you will see ALL. That is when you scroll down to the download manager. Follow the directions by force stop and clear data helped for me.

Jennie Rodgers

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
thank u again! i wrote yur answer down this time, youre the ONLY one that has been able to help me! THANK YOU big time, it was driving me crazy!!!!! Have a great day!

Karthick manoharan

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi ...
Just Go Settings->application maager->select which application is running in ur back end (playstore)->clear data...

for me it worked im having samsung android mobile

thank u...

Dude_7

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
On my N4, after deleting the actively downloading file, I had to restart the phone to rid the downloading icon in the notification area.

siam_benz

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
This "settings, appliactions manager, all, download manager, stop, clear data" doesn't work for me on my Galaxy Note 8. Maybe I should add a picture. I rebooted several times. It drains my battery very quick. In no time I'm from 100% down to 34%.

Life is strange sometimes. My problem is solved. I never knew how to see the notification area, but I just found out. Touch the arrows and "tear/scroll/wipe them down". Notification area will appear. There is the solution. I had 2 ongoing downloads and I wiped them out. That's it. As simple as that. Hope this can help many people.

Last edited:

Kayley Kath

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
my phone won't quit updating language not sure how to stop it its been going for several days I've tried a lot of things and nothing works please help

Yazmin Kuball

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I went into apps, then picked all apps because the download manager was not in running apps, I clicked force stop, cleared data, and disabled. The download finally stopped.:D

poponaj

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I was downloading a movie and couldn't stop the download process with rebooting or swtiching off the phone. Thanks to your advice I managed to stop the download and delete the file just by clearing the data of download manager without a need to force stop it before. Thanks a lot!

Daniel Caulfield

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok so i know this was a couple years ago but its the first post that came up when i had the issue & searched it

go into settings > application manager > Download manager (you may have to show system apps to see it, i did on my s6)
Force stop download manager then straight away clear the data & cache for it (if it starts up again kill it again after clearing data/cache)
this worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon