Is the battery life that bad?

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with most people on here that the battery life does suck. I just had to get use to bringing my charger with me. Right now I'm rotating at a hospital and at 8am I have a full charge but by 12 or 1pm my phone is drained. Most of it is due to not having a good signal in the hospital though but I noticed when I'm not working and out doing errands that its not that great with battery life.

JustinTiburon#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone has always been someone decent with bettery life. It always lasted atleast 8 hours, lately though its been around 15 after I put a custom rom, but I never had it only last like 3-4 hours. Well I also bought the extended battery when i bought the phone.

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I seem to manage about 20 hours between charging, on a stock Nexus. That's with extensive web browsing and downloading. I am also using a battery optimization app.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The biggest trick I found to keeping my battery life decent was turning on wifi at work. I work in a dungeon basically (-100 to -120 dbm on 3g in a decent 4g area) so I connect to my work's wifi and it'll last all day.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have say I agree with the poster above that said it the GN has the best battery life I've seen on a Droid phone - I've had a Droid X and Bionic, and the batter life on this phone (for me) is excellent. I use it moderately at work, but I did buy a spare charger to use at work so I could listen to music and podcasts and because the signal is weak. But overall I love this phone and I think the battery is outstanding. I bought the extended battery and havent even used it yet.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The GN stock battery easily gets me though a day .I can get 14,16 hours with moderate/bordering heavy at times EZ ,more if I have light use.
I also get less hours of use if I am on it constantly without putting it down.

PS: Save the Seals ;)

Last edited:

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had an OG Droid, a Rezound (albeit for two weeks), and now the GNex. The Nexus trumps all three in getting me through the day and then some. With light-moderate usage I'll hit 16+ hours with roughly a third to a quarter of the battery left. With moderate-heavy usage I can get 12-14 hours easy. And I'm consistently between 1-2+ hours of screen-on time

Honestly, all I've needed is very basic knowledge of how to preserve battery life. No task killers or anything crazy. Avoid wallpapers heavy on the white, turn on WiFi when it's available, etc.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Any verizon rep is going to push you towards a droid phone over the gn. The droid is filled with all their bloat junk and the gn has none.

Will the VZW rep I talked with when I was shopping for my upgrade didn't push me towards either, said both were fine and I should just play with the demo model and figure out what was important features to me. I asked him what device he would get if he was shopping for new phone, his answer was none of the big 3 and wait another 6 months to see what new phones were offered as he had seen info on integrated radios that were superior to the radios offered on today's phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Read the countless threads the countless lies. If you use the phone it will not last the screen is worse then the 4g radios. Motorola has features to help improve battery better radios better build

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

It's ironic when a guy uses a lie in order to call other people liars.

Brandon

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This is the 1st time I've tried this. Today I'm working at a location with a solid 4G connection. Over the last 3 hours with LTE turned on, I've only lost 14% on the extended battery. And for the last 45 minutes I've been streaming music with Google Music.

I'm going to see how well this works out. This is actually way better than I expected!

I wish my primary office had a decent connection. Most of the time I don't even have 3g. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC