GO Launcher on Nexus: Thoughts?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering downloading GO Launcher Ex on my Gnex. A few questions for the community before hand. Anything you could tell me would be appreciated.

1) If you have it, how has your overall experience been with it?

2) Is it just like any other app in the sense that you can install and uninstall at will? Or does it integrate itself more?

3) Exactly HOW customizable is it?

4) Do you prefer it over stock ICS?

I would just dive into it and check it out but question number 2 above has me hesitating a little bit. I dont like having apps on my phone that add a bunch of junk/sit and dont get used.

Thanks in advance everyone!

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you can uninstall it like any other app. I used to use it on my old phone, and I liked it more than Sense, ADW, and Launcher Pro. On my Gnex, though, I'm sticking with stock. Go has a few neat little features, but the stock launcher works for me.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything special about nova launcher.
I prefer go launcher if only because it has a menu button, nova doesn't. In order to access settings in nova you have to go into the app drawer, put the settings button on the dock, or have the icon on your homescreen.
Both have scrollable docks and home screens, both allow you to change the dock icons, etc.
Nova is no better than any other 3rd party launcher.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Stock is so sexy on the Nexus, why change? Just my two pennies!! :cool:

I completely agree with you, it is the best I have seen from android thus far, but I do like to try something different on occasion just to see what else is out there even if the chances are I'll just return to stock.

And to be honest, since I posted this thread I have been looking at different themes for GO launcher and Im not really impressed.

I may give nova a shot too, havent decided.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using GO Launcher. I prefer it to stock ICS. Maybe it's because I got used to it in GB on my Fascinate. I find it a little more flexible than stock.

brianr8011

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had Go Launcher on my previous device (droid X), but most of the reasons I used Go in the first place have been addressed in Stock ICS.

I am currently using Nova on my GNex, but only because I wanted to get rid of the Google Search bar on every screen but didn't want to flash a custom rom to do it. I like ICS so much that I basically just replicated all of my home screens in Nova but replaced Google search with Dragon Go search on my primary screen.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher is the best launcher out especially for the GNex

I have the premium version of Nova Launcher and it looks really good but I swear I notice a huge drain in battery life. Go Launcher has been pretty good. I ended up going back to stock and wait for an update to hit Nova.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
there are only a couple features that go launcher has over other "stock" launchers

resize Icons
go widgets (twitter,FB, calendar,and others that are themeable and very nice)
folders in app drawer
themes

the other launchers out there have the transitions, custom icons, number of home screens, landscape layouts ect.

just try it out. if you dont like it, uninstall it.
but i can tell you from my experience, ADW launcher was the smoothest non ICS based launcher on my phone. I used to use Go launcher on my last phone, but it was really laggy (hesitation when switching screens) on my nexus.

using apex launcher now...so nice. just missing icon sizing before it can be the #1 launcher for me.

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the stock launcher on my nexus. Still I installed go launcher as I wanted to see what else is out there. And I love it. Had tried nova, the latest one, too. But didn't find it any better than go launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed something in nova.
No matter which row of dock icons I'm using, if I change screen orientation the dock switches to the row with the app drawer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma