Got my replacement

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Still same signal issues.
I could accept it if I wasn't in a 4g area, but seriously? I am within 2 miles of the tower they said....

Holding steady right now at -100dbm.
At home I get -83dbm and on the first floor of my house -73 in certain rooms.

On route 78 by Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA for 4-7 miles I get zero connection.
We shall see how this turns out.
If it doesn't work I may go to the dark side....and gasp the 4s.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I could accept it if I wasn't in a 4g area, but seriously? I am within 2 miles of the tower they said....

On route 78 by Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA for 4-7 miles I get zero connection.

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.

-100 dbm isnt great but its not really terrible either. it's more the complete signal loss you get that makes me scratch my head.

It's gotta be a tower problem with verizon, doubt it has anything to do with handsets as it seems it only happens in certain areas of the US and different handsets dont seem to affect it. MAybe those towers arent running the most up to date software? who knows.

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey man...my parents live in the Lehigh Valley and I have had no connection in the exact same spot on rt78 and other areas in the valley in general...radio hand off noticeably slow etc. I don't have any issues whatsoever in Philly and greater Philly area. I thought I was one of the "lucky few" who's handset was flawless until I was in the LHV...proof to me there's issues with Verizon's LTE towers in places. Now when someone has two LTE phones...one works and the other doesn't...that's different. Personally I could never go back to 3g only...and I'm not any sort of power user either.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like less of a device-specific issue but just general issues, either with hardware or with the LTE/towers themselves.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Gave you guys all thanks because of knowing the area and just cause I am in a good mood.

Yeah it stinks. The LV area was one of the first to get LTE so maybe it is outdated....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463