Slow loading home screen

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Google Chrome and honestly not sure why people use it. It caused a lot of problems so I un installed it and it's fine now

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine got a bit slow for a while. I installed a quick cache cleaner and it helped

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

trex625

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Still very slow on the HOME / BACK button on my Rezound. Android 4.0.3 HTC Sense 3.6 I do not use CHROME and I do not use the Developers Option. My phone is nearly stock. The SYNC setting for mail are set for only 3 days. Reboots don't really seem to help. This all started after Verizon updated my phone in late Feb-2013 (CODE 200 3.14.605.13-3.14.605.12). The Update is cursed and full of bugs.

devlab

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the similar problem with my HTC Desire Z for a long time: navigating to home screen might take up to 40 seconds! I have tried a lot of things, but nothing helped. Uninstalling of Google+ application fixed the problem completely.

Sandy Pdot

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was going to throw my Droid out the window after weeks of SLOOOOOWWWW loading. Then I couldn't access text messaging today... No Chrome - No Developer Options checked - plenty of open memory BUT I used Skyvi for text-to-voice. Uninstalled it, along with a couple of unneeded apps and Cha-Ching! Slick as a whistle and NO *Loading* circles for minutes on end!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try Settings
Developer options
deselect "Don't keep activities"

I have chrome and all kinds of madness installed, but this setting gave me the slow home screen when returning from any app.
I just checked this box. I update as to if I see any difference, although my home screen redraws aren't that big if a deal, as they barely every happen and when they so it's only for a quick second.
Try Settings
Developer options
deselect "Don't keep activities"

I have chrome and all kinds of madness installed, but this setting gave me the slow home screen when returning from any app.
I just checked this box. I update as to if I see any difference, although my home screen redraws aren't that big if a deal, as they barely every happen and when they so it's only for a quick second.

Sent from my custom 2nd Gen Moto X built by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

sanynitin

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Whenever ive been off the home screen for a while (ie in an app) and hit the home key it takes at least 5 seconds for all the icons and widgets to load. upon hitting Home i see my wallpaper, google search bar at top, and the app drawer button, but all widgets, app icons, and home bar shortcuts (left and right of app drawer) are blank. after about 5 seconds everything pops up right away and all at once.

It started doing this a week or so ago and ive since removed all widgets and it hasnt helped. i cant remember if i installed any apps since then... anyone else see this?

Smod

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The simplest solution of all that has worked for me every single time is not to uninstall any of these apps- just go to the App Info and clear cache plus data and sign back in /Log back in the app. Especially if Chrome is your problem, go into Chrome>Menu>Privacy>Clear Browsing Data; you can clear everything (leaving out passwords and forms) and it works a charm, no homescreen load times anymore.

My solution for my phone, hope it helps.

thrash_metash

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
For me the solution was to move any apps I had installed to the SD card back to phone memory. Once I moved all my apps back to phone memory and rebooted the problem did not happen again. Now it is likely that it was one specific app that was causing the problem but I didn't have the patience to move the apps one by one and test things out. Hope this helps someone.

mtRoom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My fault was fiddling around with an app called Dev Tools Pro which has an button in the menu that says "Don't keep activities". Pressing this enables that setting in the "Developer Options" in phone settings.

If you don't have Developer Options turned on, it's probably not that. But if you do, go into it, scroll down and make sure the setting "Don't keep activities" is disabled.

Screenshot below
http://imgur.com/a/V75y5pv

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers