Every day I learn something new about the phone!

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What I love most about the phone, and about Android/ICS, is that almost every single day I find out something new and generally very cool.

I don't know about you but when I got the phone, I was coming from Blackberry and had only played with the wife's iPod a little, to see what that was about.

I didn't read any manuals or FAQs or quick start guides. I just started using the phone.

It was great fun to just try things and learn by playing. For the first few days, I didn't realize you could avoid the default lock screen to get to notifications by swiping down. But if you're adventurous you eventually figure more and more out, and the thing just gets more useful as you do.

And then the world of apps! It's like the newness/coolness never ends!

Yesterday I learned that there are apps that will find your phone if you lose it. As of now I can TXT my phone a certain passphrase, and it will TXT back its lat/long, a link to Gmaps showing where it is, and what it believes is the nearest address.

Today, two months into having the phone, I set up Face Unlock. It works great!

Every day a new tech marvel. The phone is worth the money, just in the number of grins I've had. Wow, my mobile podcatcher works better than my desktop podcatcher? Grin! Wow, Chrome Beta syncs my Chrome desktop bookmarks? Grin! Wow, Google Wallet? Huge grin!

So this is in reply to all the complaint threads on the forum. Someone else pointed out that forums will attract complaint threads, because people with complaints are the ones most likely to start a thread. Well here's a thread that says, wow, I love this thing more every day.

Reactions: dajobo

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That was the same feeling i had coming from my storm 1 to the droid charge and now my Gnex blows the charge out of the water.

I am a huge fan of this phone and would not want another device as of now.........we will see what comes out later this year.:confused:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What I love most about the phone, and about Android/ICS, is that almost every single day I find out something new and generally very cool.

I don't know about you but when I got the phone, I was coming from Blackberry and had only played with the wife's iPod a little, to see what that was about.

I didn't read any manuals or FAQs or quick start guides. I just started using the phone.

It was great fun to just try things and learn by playing. For the first few days, I didn't realize you could avoid the default lock screen to get to notifications by swiping down. But if you're adventurous you eventually figure more and more out, and the thing just gets more useful as you do.

And then the world of apps! It's like the newness/coolness never ends!

Yesterday I learned that there are apps that will find your phone if you lose it. As of now I can TXT my phone a certain passphrase, and it will TXT back its lat/long, a link to Gmaps showing where it is, and what it believes is the nearest address.

Today, two months into having the phone, I set up Face Unlock. It works great!

Every day a new tech marvel. The phone is worth the money, just in the number of grins I've had. Wow, my mobile podcatcher works better than my desktop podcatcher? Grin! Wow, Chrome Beta syncs my Chrome desktop bookmarks? Grin! Wow, Google Wallet? Huge grin!

So this is in reply to all the complaint threads on the forum. Someone else pointed out that forums will attract complaint threads, because people with complaints are the ones most likely to start a thread. Well here's a thread that says, wow, I love this thing more every day.

Mind = BLOWN?

:)

jackrv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I woke up and my Gnex wasn't on my bedstand. I panicked, searching everywhere, and eventually went to my basement. I found my Gnex on top of my dryer with all my dirty laundry cleaned and dried. IT did that. Since then, I've gotten my Nexus to wash my car and answer and solve IT calls for me at work. F#@$ Siri. Gnex is where it's at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I'm loving my GN as well. Honestly, IMHO, there isn't a single phone that can touch it. Not the HTC One X or S, or even the unreleased SGS3.

Stock ICS Android is simply amazing.

The face unlock feature is great, despite what many say. Really, how often would your lost phone fall into the hands of a complete stranger that has your photo?

Notifications, folders, and buttery smooth performance. Not to mention this awe inspiring HD Super Amoled screen?

Your not alone in your wonder of this particular device, your in a club!

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The GNex is the fourth Android phone(fifth device) I've owned in two years, and for the first time, I'm content with (leaked) stock. This is undoubtedly my favorite piece of technology I've purchased. Well worth the 300.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone enough that I have decided to wait for the software update that will hopefully fix all of problems I have when using it as a phone. The city I live in is one that experiences the mic turning off during calls, and occasional weird synthetic sounds and squelching. I need to apologise and call people back frequently. Not good for business.

albyone

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I find a lot of people never spend the time to really enjoy their phone, especially IPhone users at my work.

I love this thing... upgraded from an OG Droid. rooted it and installed all kinds of goodies. Even have the leaked 4.0.4 stock ROM.
I too have been using the face unlock for the last month. I don't know why people complain about it - it works..... 99% of the time for me.

I believe that some of the hard core complainers are not really happy about anything in their lives! :D

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my GNex, I haven't had the slightest interest in getting another phone. The HTC One series phones that debuted at MWC look great, but I'm not interested in them despite their impressive specs. When I had a Thunderbolt, I'd always keep an eye on phone announcements. Not anymore. It really is all about the software and stock ICS beats everything else I've tried by miles.

Now I will be looking out for the next Nexus phone, but it would have to be a marked improvement over the GNex for me to switch.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my GNex, I haven't had the slightest interest in getting another phone. The HTC One series phones that debuted at MWC look great, but I'm not interested in them despite their impressive specs. When I had a Thunderbolt, I'd always keep an eye on phone announcements. Not anymore. It really is all about the software and stock ICS beats everything else I've tried by miles.

Now I will be looking out for the next Nexus phone, but it would have to be a marked improvement over the GNex for me to switch.

Same here. The thunderbolt didn't do it for me. Only thing I'll trade my nexus for is a better nexus

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I learned yesterday that there is a Onkyo app that let's me control my network receiver with my phone. If I could find my Google music on my phone I could stream it to my audio system. Anybody know how to make google music show up? Only thing that shows is my podcasts.

Vitis Vinifera

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Just think how I felt going from an OG Droid to the GNex.

And think how I felt when I went from an LG Chocolate to this =)

I got it a few weeks ago and I'm still in the noob question phase (see threads by me in this forum lol)

My latest revelation was getting Dead Space (I'm a huge fan of the 2 PC games). Wow, full 3d rendering?!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty