Who got unlimited data by adding the MHS feature?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who got unlimited data by adding the MSP feature?

Bandwidth is practically unlimited. Its spectrum that is in a crunch. And LTE is WAY more efficient at bandwidth use than CDMA 3G and even 1x 2G. If Verizon was TRULY in a spectrum crunch, they should give everyone stuck on a 2G phone a free upgrade to a 3G basic phone of smartphone and shut off the 2G network. Fact is, there is no spectrum crunch on Verizon or ATT. ATT has tons warehoused and Verizon is pretty efficient at using theirs. I mean Sprint isn't complaining and they have the WORST spectrum possible-and their best is used up by the friggin Nextel network. Wimax is on 2.5 GHZ lmao.

This is totally untrue since bandwidth is recycled at the tower level. The bands of spectrum give service to your phone at one tower, then when its switches towers it uses slightly different spectrum. Then the next tower after that is recycles spectrum and use the same spectrum the 1st tower I mentioned was using. Spectrum crunch is at the tower level. If a tower is overloaded, put more up in that area, or offload to Wifi (like ATT does in NYC)

Wow seriously? lol I understand how cell towers work. But your assumption that just because things are switched between towers means no lack of bandwidth/spectrum is completely wrong. Bandwidth/Spectrum is by no means infinite. Also let us understand that bandwidth/spectrum is pretty much the same thing. Spectrum is the freqs they can use say from 690-710MHZ as well as the same for bandwidth. Between 690-710MHZ their bandwidth would be 20MHZ. So no matter what nor where they have that much to play with. In any given area, the populous of the area is not ALL on the network at any given time. If we all were, IE a disaster happens, we would get the "no circuits available" when we tried to use our cells. It just cant handle the load and all calls/network access cant swap out like normal. Also you cant just "put up more towers" If you have too many too close together it will cause interference between them.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who got unlimited data by adding the MSP feature?

This thread is kind of going in the wrong direction. I really wasn't asking about spectrum or bandwidth. I just wanted to know anyone's experience on getting unlimited data recently with their Nexus. Maybe we can get back on topic?

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I did the MHS trick, removed the MHS feature about a week after adding it (same billing cycle) - have been through 2 billing cycles and still have unlimited data...

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I would be very surprised if I am reverted back to a tiered data plan. Since they have supposedly closed the loophole, I would expect that there wouldn't be any new folks adding MHS and getting it, but those who did would be able to keep it.

I have been with Big Red for almost 15 years. When the Gnex came out, I decided to add a line to my account (4 line family plan) due to the fact that I had moved to NJ and wanted a NJ number - thereby getting rid of my old number in the process (it only had 4 months left on contract - $9.99/month) and getting the new phone I wanted. When I did this online, it wouldn't let me do the "unlimited" data plan for my new line (even though all of my other lines were on unlimited). I spoke to Verizon and was told there wasn't anything they could do. As soon as I saw this deal on HoFo, I did it - took two calls to get a rep who would help me. I was upfront about what I wanted to do and went through the whole explanation of how I lost my unlimited data. She just told me that I had it back and if I wanted - log off and back on to my account online and delete the MHS option and I would keep my unilimited data.

Again - I really don't think that they will put my line back on tiered - but you never know!

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the "update" is their new billing system which they are upgrading to. The new billing system will allow them to implement shared data plans. But until they implement that, I think the loophole is still there, unless someone can confirm that they have been unable to get MSH w/ unlimited data?

mariano003

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got my phone about three weeks hago. I changed from an iphone 3gs from att to a razr maxx from verizon. I hate to say this in this forum but i loved my iphone but just was tired of the crappy service from att. Since I was getting a new carrier might as well get a new phone and try the lte. Ive been reading around trying to find a way to get unlitited data but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone please be more specific on the method used here using the MHS? Thank you.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my phone about three weeks hago. I changed from an iphone 3gs from att to a razr maxx from verizon. I hate to say this in this forum but i loved my iphone but just was tired of the crappy service from att. Since I was getting a new carrier might as well get a new phone and try the lte. Ive been reading around trying to find a way to get unlitited data but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone please be more specific on the method used here using the MHS? Thank you.

Last day was Mar. 4. It's closed now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463