Free beer thanks to google

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Google just bought me a 6 pack of tallboys at seven eleven. All I did was touch my phone to a paypass scanner. It was beautiful.....I almost cried. I fully expected the people behind the counter to be surprised, unfortunately they weren't impressed. Obviously something was wrong with them ;-)

sent from my Galaxy Nexus....probably while pooping

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
$3.19 is what I have left after buying my cerveza with Google's money. You'll need more than that for a 30 pack. Besides, I'll probably buy a 40oz with it :p

brainless#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
cinnamon toast crunch is the BEST cereal ever made and sits back seat to none . Never feel like buying CTC and milk is squandering money . its an INVESTMENT !!!

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Well said brainless, cinnamon toast crunch is epic. It made me the man I am today. How much of a man is debatable ;-)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So far, every time I've used Google Wallet I've been the first to use it at that particular establishment. A few convenience stores, gas stations, target, rite aid, and the liquor store.

Only the younger clerks are really impressed, or ask questions. The one guy at 7-11 asked me to buy something again just so he could watch me use it, haha.

Google Wallet insinuates to others that I'm cooler than I actually am. Thanks Google ;-)

*customized tapatalk signature*

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not had problems with it being down. Since they updated the apk I have reloaded my card and purchased something nearly everyday. I don't have a citi MasterCard so I just top off the google card.

Vitis Vinifera

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about this, it seems interesting and tech chique, but I don't see how it offers any advantage over using plastic, perhaps there's something I'm missing?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading about this, it seems interesting and tech chique, but I don't see how it offers any advantage over using plastic, perhaps there's something I'm missing?

Part of it is the coolness factor, but it is also a little faster. I find it easier to use my phone than have to pull my wallet out and mess with my credit cards. The transaction seems a little faster too in my experience. Right now this is all minor, but I look forward to a day that I can leave my wallet at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007