Galaxy Nexus 4.0.2 Market Problems

Disgrace#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just made the jump from iPhone to Android (at long last) and last night I got an update for my Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2). Alas it has rendered my market almost unusable! When I attempt to open up an app page it displays a popup "Unfortunately, Market has stopped." I can get it working if I go into settings -> apps -> all -> Market -> Uninstall updates, however it only works once and every time I close the market place (even with it multi-tasked) I have to repeat the same steps above to get it running again.

It is driving me nuts as I love to open up my phone and browse apps often (especially seeing as I don't have very many right now) and it would appear the only comfortable way for me to get apps is from my laptop. Is there a fix for this? I have already disabled "Market Updater" but that didn't appear to help. Could I get some help with this, I would really prefer to not restore my phone to factory default after having it for two days!

Thanks!

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't disable market updater for starters. You had to have changed something or disabled something you shouldn't have. Besides just rebooting your device it's hard to say what the exact reason is with limited info

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just made the jump from iPhone to Android (at long last) and last night I got an update for my Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2). Alas it has rendered my market almost unusable! When I attempt to open up an app page it displays a popup "Unfortunately, Market has stopped." I can get it working if I go into settings -> apps -> all -> Market -> Uninstall updates, however it only works once and every time I close the market place (even with it multi-tasked) I have to repeat the same steps above to get it running again.

It is driving me nuts as I love to open up my phone and browse apps often (especially seeing as I don't have very many right now) and it would appear the only comfortable way for me to get apps is from my laptop. Is there a fix for this? I have already disabled "Market Updater" but that didn't appear to help. Could I get some help with this, I would really prefer to not restore my phone to factory default after having it for two days!

Thanks!

Factory reset is your best option. Since you just got it last night that isn't a big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Disgrace#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't disable market updater for starters. You had to have changed something or disabled something you shouldn't have. Besides just rebooting your device it's hard to say what the exact reason is with limited info

All I did for this to start was update it last night. Restarting my phone did nothing. My phone isn't rooted (yet), I have re-enabled the market updater and otherwise I haven't touched anything. What else can I tell you for more info?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Others have said that 4.0.2 has broken the market.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/508132-galaxy-nexus-market-force-close-help.html

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/508059-market-not-working-after-system-update.html

Disabling the market updater should work to stop the market from updating.

To the OP, I was getting that error one day last week. I rebooted and it has been fine since.

Last edited:

Disgrace#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Wonder why it didn't pop up when I did a couple of searches on the site. Thanks for clarifying I am not the only person with the problem, but turning it off/on didn't fix it unfortunately.

thegreatjman

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyine have a real fix to this? It is NOT.due to user error...many people are experiencing this after 4.0.2 update. Temporay fix of uninstalling market updates only works 1 time and is annoying...:mad:

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how widespread your problem is but I have had 4.02 since December 15 and have had no issues with Market. I don't think many have which might be why you are getting few answers. I would suspect you have another app that is interfering.

Disgrace#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it is a matter of who is giving the updates, I hear in the states the updates come directly from google, while in Canada they are sent through Samsung. Perhaps the other people with this problem live in Canada as well.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've also had 4.0.2 since December and I didn't have a crash until today. Weird. I did a battery pull and things seem to be back to normal.

Disgrace#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Also another thing that doesn't seem to work is the camera flash. The LED itself works via a flashlight app, but the flash option is grayed out in the camera app now. This was fine before the update.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Also another thing that doesn't seem to work is the camera flash. The LED itself works via a flashlight app, but the flash option is grayed out in the camera app now. This was fine before the update.

Double check the mode the camera is in. For some of them, the flash is disabled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Disgrace#AC

stephofthedead

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34