Vlingo on the Galaxy Nexus?

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

This may or may not be possible... On my old Epic Touch 4G, Vlingo was came preinstalled. When I pressed the button on my BT headset VLINGO would start and automatically listen - I never had to touch my phone in any way to voice dial. Is it possible to do this on the GN? I can start VLINGO on my headset but I still have to look at the screen and tell it to start listening - which isn't ideal for driving or when my phone is in my pocket.

Thanks

anon(14782)

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm still looking myself. I can't get vlingo to run in the background properly. Voice control full is close, but not quite there. I'm trying to get full control on bluetooth without having to go to screen. I haven't been successful.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Found it - if you scroll WAY to the bottom under - find hotels, call taxi... There is an option for auto listen

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...it's in the options to start listening as soon as it is opened.

No- that is a different option - that just does away with the announcements. That is a good one to check but for some reason what to me is an option - to do away with having to touch the screen is under the selection of things you want to do - just a misfile on the developers part. It shoudl be in the same section as the auto listen.

bbruin66

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So can Vlingo use my Moto Roadster BT speakers mic to listen? It seemed to me that it used the mic in the phone, which in my car, was useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol