I have an unlocked Galaxy Nexus (a gift) that works on Tmobile, via a SIM card, but does not have a sim card slot that fits the Verizon network. Has anyone solved this issue?
    03-09-2012 12:59 PM
    That is the GSM Galaxy Nexus and won't work on Verizon's network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-09-2012 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the response. I was hoping there was some workaround.
    03-09-2012 01:08 PM
    nope, they work on different systems completely.
    your nexus -GSM network only (t-mobile, at&t)
    verizon nexus - CDMA (verizon only, but Sprint uses CDMA as well)
    03-09-2012 02:16 PM
    The only "workaround" would be to replace the cell radio (which would require replacing the entire inside of your phone I'm guessing)

Your best bet is to sell it and try to buy a Verizon one.
    03-09-2012 03:03 PM
    There seems to be general agreement that this phone will not work on Verizon. I appreciate the responses.
    03-09-2012 03:16 PM
    There are other gsm networks besides t mobile you can use it on. Will wifi work on it?
    03-09-2012 08:36 PM
    I have an unlocked Galaxy Nexus (a gift) that works on Tmobile, via a SIM card, but does not have a sim card slot that fits the Verizon network. Has anyone solved this issue?
    It will not work. It is a GSM phone, Verizon is a CDMA carrier.

Very surprised you want to do this. 99% of people are trying to do the exact opposite. Why would you want to go to Big Red? Stick with T-Mobile or AT&T (or an MVNO) and save yourself some money. The i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus has bands for any GSM network in the US. Take a look at all of your offerings. You won't want to go with Verizon.
    03-10-2012 05:51 AM
    Thanks for your responses. I have gifted this phone to another and am exploring their options. Your feedback has been very constructive, but the decision is not mine to make.
    03-12-2012 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD