Question about multiple home screens

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Nexus today! :) I know about not being able to delete the unused home screens, but what I was curious about is that if you go to each one, long press the screen, the wallpaper option comes up. does this mean I can set a different pic for each home screen?

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Coming from a Fascinate, where I was able to delete unused screens, this kinda stinks. Oh well. Time to try and find a pic that looks nice enough spread across all screens. Thanks for the quick reply.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
use nova launcher, its the stock launcher with extra features. i only have 3 homescreens on mine.

Nova has all the features of the stock launcher? I could have sworn I read about a few features that it didn't have? But that was when it first came out as well, not lately.

Can anyone confirm if its missing anything or not? Or any noticeable differences? If not I might switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it now, I haven't noticed anything it didn't have compared to stock, and it adds a few useful features too, I'd highly recommend

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using nova now as well. The only thing that I have noticed that's different for the negative is that you can't see widget previews in the app drawer like you can with stock unless you are rooted, but that doesn't bother me. I can't believe I waited so long to get it. Customisable icons, home screens, dock, animations... you can't go wrong haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I second Nova Launcher and You can now have Widgets in the app drawer with out root.

Nova settings > Behavior > Root Helper

That DOES require root access. I just tried it and it gave me an error stating root access is denied. Do you have root but you dont realize it? :p

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Oh really? What does apex have that nova doesn't?

I started off using Nova and switched to Apex because it was built in to Crossbreed and wanted to give it a try, they have the same options and the only difference I noticed it the screen transition effect are a little better on Apex but again I haven't tried any of Nova's last updates.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh really? What does apex have that nova doesn't?

- I can launch an app by pressing the home button. I like to launch Vlingo.

- I can see the widget's appearance in the app drawer. I'm not rooted so I can't see those in Nova. (Note: I can't place them on a home screen in Apex, that still requires root. But I can see what they look like which is a big deal to me as I'm a visual person and a picture is literally worth a thousand words.)

- I can sort the app drawer by installation date

- I can hide apps in the drawer for free

- I can use gestures for free.

Just to name a few.

Reactions: mclarryjr

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tips on Apex now I'm able to open my app drawer by swiping up and launch Vlingo by hitting my home button guess I should have played around in the settings a little longer.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That DOES require root access. I just tried it and it gave me an error stating root access is denied. Do you have root but you dont realize it? :p

I have had root before i installed nova and first installed it by side loading. I was apparently wrongly assuming what that button did....Whoops, sorry about that.:confused:

After seeing all of your comments about Apex, i am going to give it a run. It sounds great.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the beauty of open source. Both Nova and Apex start with the same source code from Google and start adding features. It creates a competition and we, as users, all benefit. Woot!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had root before i installed nova and first installed it by side loading. I was apparently wrongly assuming what that button did....Whoops, sorry about that.:confused:

After seeing all of your comments about Apex, i am going to give it a run. It sounds great.

No problem, just wanted to make sure we were both accurately informed :) Aand I agree, I may need to give it a shot too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer