Rotation not working

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My phone stopped being able to rotate yesterday. I kept messing with settings and wiped the cache of the phone before it worked again for a little while.

As of this morning it won't work again. I got some apps to check the accelerometer data and it shows the z axis as stuck at the highest reading. I tried throwing the phone around to unstick it but no luck.

I am running stock 4.0.4. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it?

EDIT: I performed a factory reset, flashed back to 4.0.2 and relocked the bootloader. Still same issue. Is it possible to have samsung fix this? I really hate verizon's CLNRs and would rather not go through 50 of them until I get a good one like the last 3 phones I had to do it for.

Last edited:

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya I checked the settings. I performed a factory reset already and reflashed back to stock and the issue still persists. Doubt that its software.

Sent from my Xoom

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you did all the right things, which doesn't look good. To be sure that it's not an app conflict, when you did your factory reset, did you tell the phone to NOT restore any apps?

If you don't want a refurb, I guess your only shot is to try calling Samsung for a warranty repair.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup didn't let it restore apps. I will see what Samsung can do for me. I have a fascinate I can use in the meantime :\

Sent from my Xoom

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If flashing the original ROM back didn't solve the problem, the accelerometer has failed. You have no other recourse but to replace the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta