Not sure if this is specific to Nexus (problem w/ Amazon store)

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This is just something that started happening pretty recently (like, within the last week or two); up to this point, it had been working just fine.

Anyway, the problem is, it won't clear apps out of my "Update" list. Whenever I download the new updates, it seems to try to install it twice; I see in the notification bar, it'll say "Installation complete", or whatever, but it still brings up a menu for me to manually install it. If I manually install it after the notification says it's already been installed, I get an "Installation failed" screen.

I'd imagine that, if the notification bar says the install was completed, then the update was applied, but the Amazon App store won't remove said apps from my "update" list. They all still show as requiring an update... Anyone know how to fix this? This is getting pretty annoying, and my update list is getting bigger and bigger because everything that needs to be updated is still showing up in it, even if I already updated it... @_@

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Not sure if this is specific to Nexus (problem w/ Amazon stor

Have you tried clearing the data and cache for the app? I had the problem with this on my OG Droid, I had to update an app 2-3 times before it would go away from the list. I never thought to do anything because I could get it to go away. I haven't seen this appear on my nexus yet.

Reactions: MRW1215

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick for now. Hopefully this won't be something I have to do too often...

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

I abolished the update notifications. It's the most worthless feature ever. The reason they want to update every day is so you notice the app, maybe open it and see their ads. It's shameless what they do to pimp their ads. Nothing is actually improved.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

So, I had a new app to update today, and when I updated it, the same problem occurred... Worse yet, when I went back and looked at my "Update" page, all the previous apps that were listed there before are now back...

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

I dumped the amazon market due to the annoyance factor.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The only thing that I have liked about the Amazon market is the daily free apps. I've found some cool stuff along the way. But, personally, I have grown tired of it too. One big annoyance factor for me is when Amazon, conflicts with Google Play for updates.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm kinda thinking my apps aren't actually updating at all, from Amazon, because one of my updates is for Angry Birds Seasons, and the icon is new, yet mine is still the old one, even after going through this process. Which sucks even more, because now I can't actually update any of my apps from Amazon, let alone get them out of my update list afterwards.

I even tried turning off all notifications from Amazon's app store, yet every time I download an update, the installation fails.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12