Stuck On Google Screen

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I updated to the codename 1.5.5 rom and also updated to franco's milestone 2. Here is where i believe the problem lies. for some reason his milestone 2 kernel will occasionally cause my gnex to get stuck at the google screen. I have to repeatedly pull the battery and try to reboot until it gets past that screen and eventually boots up. Another weird thing is if i try to go to my bootloader screen it wont give me any options besides booting up the phone it wont allow me to access the boot recovery and restore one of my nandroids very very odd. has anyone else encountered this? I'm hoping once he updates his kernel everything will be fixed but who knows how long that'll take I guess for now i just wont reboot my phone.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
You may want to make sure the codename kernel works fine 1st as codename 1.5.5 is an excellent rom. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik, flash 1.5.5 again, and let it run it's greatness for a few hours on your Gnex before tinkering w/ other kernels. 1.5.5 is very extensive and I have found less of a need to go with other kernels.

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You may want to make sure the codename kernel works fine 1st as codename 1.5.5 is an excellent rom. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik, flash 1.5.5 again, and let it run it's greatness for a few hours on your Gnex before tinkering w/ other kernels. 1.5.5 is very extensive and I have found less of a need to go with other kernels.

yeah i dont think its the rom i think its the kernel. because it was fine before i flashed the new kernel from franco. I had the previous version of his kernel but after updating i accidently deleted the previous one. So when I updated to codename 1.5.5 i had no choice but to use the updated franco kernel, because for some reason the previous kernel was no longer available. The franco kernel typically worked well with other codename versions in the past that ive used. battery life and performance is always great so i try to stick to franco. also his kernel offers sound control which i use alot when listening to music. I've been told that 1.5.5 also has sound control with the default kernel but can figure out how to get to it

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
BTW you have to post this type of threads in the dev/rom section

EDIT: francos app updated today and it made my phone bootloop so i flash another rom and ignored franco... sometime an app that updates everyday (specially a root app) doesnt mean its gonna get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz