I've had the G-Nexus for many months now. I successfully transferred my old Droid pics onto it, and the new photos were stored in the default folder called "Camera." Yesterday I went to show someone my pictures - and the "Camera" folder was just gone - with all my pics. Fortunately I had set the auto-sync with Picassa/Google+ - but this just happening freaks me out. I've searched using the app called DiskUsage for anything "jpg" - and it shows me tons of folders with my old, transferred photos - but not the "new" photos of the past few months. I also tested by taking a new photo just now - and it landed/created what seems to be a new "Camera" folder - just where I would expect it to be - but with just my one photo in it. HELP!

Two questions:
    1) Is there any chance of recovering the disappeared "Camera" folder/photos?

2) If the answer is "no" to the above - what's the best way to restore my photos from Google+?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
    03-28-2012 12:37 PM
    There is a media scanner service running on Android phones which is responsible for keeping tabs on the different media (files, folders) on the device. This is how the gallery is 'informed' of your media items.

Try using apps like Rescan SD Card or SD Rescan to force the service to fully re-scan for media. If your folder is indeed still around somewhere, this should pick it up.

Otherwise there is little you can do aside from restoring synced files or a NANDROID backup.
    03-28-2012 03:18 PM
    Is USB debugging checked? Are you plugged into a computer?
    03-28-2012 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD