I'm running stock ICS, no roms, no root, just the regular version of Android that game on my Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus. Last night the battery drained and I recharged it while I slept using the charger that came with the phone. When I woke up I turned my phone on. The Google logo came up, it vibrated, and then the colors boot animation started. After a few seconds, the animation froze and then the Google logo came back up, it vibrated, and the colors boot animation started again, then froze. It keeps doing this over and over.

I can enter recovery mode and download mode. I made a video of my problem and posted it on YouTube:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrGNMtU8Lc[/YT]

Is there anyway I can get my phone bootable without wiping the memory? Is there anyway I can access the contents of the phone on my computer while it is in this non-bootable state?

If not, then what is the best way for me to get my phone back to a bootable state?
    03-30-2012 01:13 PM
    I don't know if you will be able to save the data already on the phone, but if you can boot to recovery and download modes I'm pretty sure that you can flash a stock rom again and start over fresh using the tookit available here: [GNex TOOLKIT V5.6] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [LTE] - xda-developers

Go to that link, set up an account there if necessary and then ask for specific instructions in the thread. I'm pretty confident that someone will be able to help you.

Good luck.
    03-30-2012 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the link to the toolkit. One thing however.

What is the latest stock rom version of the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon? When I start up the toolkit, I have to chose and I don't remember. I think it was 4.0.2 but I'm not sure and finding out on the internet has been difficult.
    03-30-2012 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the link to the toolkit. One thing however.

What is the latest stock rom version of the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon? When I start up the toolkit, I have to chose and I don't remember. I think it was 4.0.2 but I'm not sure and finding out on the internet has been difficult.
    03-30-2012 09:17 PM
    Thanks for confirmation on the version number. I'm running Windows 8 on the main computer I'm using and couldn't get the drivers to install. I switched to a Windows 7 64bit machine and could not get the drivers to install. I finally got it working in Windows XP Pro in VMWare Player on the Windows 7 maching.

Anyway, I only have access to the options that use Fastboot. I cannot get into regular Android to use ADB mode. What do I do now to get my system back to running? I've given up on trying to get some of my files back and just want my stupid phone to work again.
    03-31-2012 12:23 AM
    Thanks for confirmation on the version number. I'm running Windows 8 on the main computer I'm using and couldn't get the drivers to install. I switched to a Windows 7 64bit machine and could not get the drivers to install. I finally got it working in Windows XP Pro in VMWare Player on the Windows 7 maching.

Anyway, I only have access to the options that use Fastboot. I cannot get into regular Android to use ADB mode. What do I do now to get my system back to running? I've given up on trying to get some of my files back and just want my stupid phone to work again.
    Not sure if this will help you, but you can find factory images of the Nexus line on Android Open Source Project'site which is official google:

Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code

There, just go under "Toro" as it is the CDMA version of the Galaxy Nexus. You'll need fastboot access of course, but this should help. I think there are instructions on there.

Good Luck!
    03-31-2012 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD