Can't seem to modify my sms notification sound

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried changing the sound then sending myself a text.

I did also reboot after changing the default and I still get the ding dong type sound which is not the sound I set for it. The sound it makes is Pollux for incoming SMS messages but I've tried to set it to several others such as even vega or proxima but it always makes the Pollux sound.

I'm going through
- settings
- Sound
- default notification

Is there some place else I should be going to to change the sms incoming text sound?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That should be working.

Click the little radio button for the sound you want, hit OK and that should immediately change it.

ChuckHester

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Boe - I had the exact same question not too long ago. I actually needed to install a sound picker app to overwrite the default SMS notification sound.

I then decided I wanted to set specific sounds for SMS messages from specific people - so that I know who's sending a text whilst I'm driving so that I don't need to look at the screen.
"Text-Tone Customizer" is free and let me customize the sounds eventhough Android doesn't natively support such a feature.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ann.android.texttonecustomizer&token=xa17dPLP

You can get a ton of free sounds online from various websites (I download the MP3 or OGG file formats, depending on what's available)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay