I can wait for the update

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6 year old Sharp Aquos 52" TV. I has yet to receive an update. I'm fine with that, I can watch TV.

I have a 20 year old Microwave oven. Haven't yet received an update. Cooks food just fine.

I have a 2 year old Ford Edge with Microsoft Sync. Never been updated. Radio plays just fine.

I have a 4 year old Garmin GPS device. Never been updated. Gives me directions just fine.

I have underwear that's more than 10 years old. Could probably use an update. But they fit just fine.

I have a Galaxy Nexus telephone that's only 3 1/2 months old. I can wait for an update. It plays Angry Birds just fine.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
How long can you wait?

How old was your previous phone before you got the GNex? I'm sure it worked just fine too.

I definitely get your point, but this is tech, not household appliances. Software needs updating - and a Google phone is no different.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
How long can you wait?

How old was your previous phone before you got the GNex? I'm sure it worked just fine too.

I definitely get your point, but this is tech, not household appliances. Software needs updating - and a Google phone is no different.

One of my PCs at home has Widows XP. I'm very patient.

A phone IS an applliance. As long as it does what I need it to do I'm never in a rush to update it.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
A phone IS an applliance. As long as it does what I need it to do I'm never in a rush to update it.

Exactly, I sure wish the update for the GN would come as the phone doesn't do what I need it to (work properly).

So glad you summed it up so nicely.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, I sure wish the update for the GN would come as the phone doesn't do what I need it to (work properly).

So glad you summed it up so nicely.

In this case you have a valid reason for an update. But, so many want updates simply because it's something new and different. Then when it doesn't arrive they whine.

BTW, be careful what you wish for. The forums on the GSM GN are hot with complaints of radio issues after the 4.0.4 update.

I'm not having issues so I'm glad there are plenty anxious to update as I can draft on them and update when I'm sure it works.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
In this case you have a valid reason for an update. But, so many want updates simply because it's something new and different. Then when it doesn't arrive they whine.

BTW, be careful what you wish for. The forums on the GSM GN are hot with complaints of radio issues after the 4.0.4 update.

I'm not having issues so I'm glad there are plenty anxious to update as I can draft on them and update when I'm sure it works.

Thank god we will be getting 4.0.5 and will have different radios than the GSM files :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah luckily we have different basebands altogether ;).

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I have underwear that's more than 10 years old. Could probably use an update. But they fit just fine.

I have a Galaxy Nexus telephone that's only 3 1/2 months old. I can wait for an update. It plays Angry Birds just fine.

I must buy the cheap kind. Cuz when they start becoming transparent...I throw em away. That happens alot sooner than 10 years.....

I agree, funny post. And yea...saw the news about the GSM users. Maybe thats why the delay from Verizon?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I kinda can't wait for the update. My phone seems fine, even my Mom got a Nexus and she hasn't run into any problems with it. But my friend is CONSTANTLY having problems. People will call her and she'll swipe to answer, only for it to not answer and keep ringing. She has the MMS sending glitch where it'll sometimes (read: often) hang at "Sending..." and never progress, among other issues. I don't think her phone is defective, but we haven't ruled that out as a possibility.

My stance is this - you know how you see a ton of things getting fixed in release notes that you never had a problem with? That's probably her phone right now. So I'm hoping 4.0.5 comes out soon and fixes the issues she has with it.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Since getting the GNex, I haven't been as crazed about updates as I have been in the past and this one isn't going to give us fundamental changes. I remember the excruciating waits for 2.1 for my original Droid and for Gingerbread for my Thunderbolt. Those were more significant than 4.0.4 or 4.0.5, but it was awful.

Now if we were waiting for the Jellybean update, us Verizon GNex owners would be a little more crazed. At least I would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech