How many Galaxy Nexuses have you gone through?

How many Galaxy Nexuses have you gone through?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The original comment was 'rude' to anyone who has/had a GNex that proved to be defective. Please point fingers accordingly.

No it wasn't. He asked a valid question, especially for someone that isn't used to seeing other members going through so many handsets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my original purchased December on release day. So far no 4g signal problems, no call problems, only notice a delay moving to landscape orientation.

Very pleased with the vids the camera takes, pictures ain't too bad either.

Like the UI--it's clean and minimalistic

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On my original. Verizon is sending me a new one because I've been having some bad data drops in my house and they want to see if it is my phone or just my network. (odd procedure I know, but they want me to compare the two, and if the new one is better, to keep that one) I'm inclined to believe it is the network, however, because with all of the carriers I have issues on my street.

Other than that I've had no issues whatsoever.

Are they sending a new one or a certified like used phone?

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Second one. The first I had from launch day I had all of two days. It had a small defect in the screen in the form of a small light colored whisp on dark screens. This one has been perfect save for the slow screen transition.

Videos are great and if you see some of the pics I took out in Sedona AZ and the Grand Canyon I don't think anyone would complain....

Nice to have a phone I don't wanna replace for a change . : ) Looking forward to it getting even better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
No idea yet. Probably a CLN, but maybe a new one.

I'm terrified of getting CLN. I'm on number 3 right now, getting number 4 in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully it will have no problems with it. I've had horrible experiences in the store replacing my GNex. They had problems doing DOAs, etc., etc., blah blah blah and ended up waiting in the store 4+ hours each time I had to swap it out. The last one I even had to go between two stores because each store just kept giving up.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on my launch day device. No issues (knock on wood). Of course it took a year before I started seeing issues with my launch Droid X. By the time I upgraded to my GNex, I had gone through 5 DX devices. Let's hope my GNex isn't the same way.

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am still on my Launch Day GN. I have no real problems with it, although I have contemplated trying to get another.

Here is why: This GN replaced my Droid Charge.

Two things that I took for granted are:

1. The fact that the Droid charge's screen was superior in every way. It was MUCH brighter, the Whites were brilliant compared to the pale grey'ish cream of the GN, and I keep my GN's brightness at 90% so that it looks "right" to me vs the 60-70%.

2. The Camera. Wow, I am not sure if anyone realizes how FANTASTIC the Camera was on the Droid Charge. I was so excited to take pictures with that camera. Each picture was well focused, extremely clear and sharp. The camera on my Galaxy Nexus is really bad in comparison. Any movement whatsoever causes blurring, colors are so "grey" or "washed-out." I have two young children that I used to love taking pictures of everything they did until I got my GN.

After enjoying my charge for about 9 months, I couldn't help but think,"Wow, how great will the next generation device be?!!!" And really I love the size, design, and the OS of my GN, but really I took the screen and camera on the DC for granted.

Any thoughts that my phone has always had a defective screen? I took it back to the Verizon store the day after I had it, and compared it to the floor model they had there which looked exactly the same. So I didn't complain.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Got mine on launch day I had to replace it the next day due to a dead pixel but have been solid ever since. If you guys have had the phone replaced can you list the reasons why? BTW if you guys haven't tried the 4.0.4 yet, you are really missing out.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on launch day I had to replace it the next day due to a dead pixel but have been solid ever since. If you guys have had the phone replaced can you list the reasons why? BTW if you guys haven't tried the 4.0.4 yet, you are really missing out.

In order of device:

(1) Volume rocker button stopped working
(2) CLN replacement was scuffed/scratched
(3) Dead pixels and red crap between screen and glass
(4) Fine so far!

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The Camera. Wow, I am not sure if anyone realizes how FANTASTIC the Camera was on the Droid Charge. I was so excited to take pictures with that camera. Each picture was well focused, extremely clear and sharp. The camera on my Galaxy Nexus is really bad in comparison. Any movement whatsoever causes blurring, colors are so "grey" or "washed-out." I have two young children that I used to love taking pictures of everything they did until I got my GN.

You should try the 4.0.4 update that leaked, they improved the camera.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
In order of device:

(1) Volume rocker button stopped working
(2) CLN replacement was scuffed/scratched
(3) Dead pixels and red crap between screen and glass
(4) Fine so far!

Yea, these all make sense to me. But someone earlier said that his notification light wouldn't turn off, I feel like that would be software and not hardware. Sure replacing the phone fixed it, but wiping or reloading the software would probably fix that too. It just makes me wonder how many phones being replaced really need to be.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am on my first phone, first week of ownership. On the original ROM, I could not place calls all the time and I dropped calls. I have since rooted to CM9, but when LTE is turned on, I drop calls all the time and the LTE itself is unreliable. I thought at first CM9 fixed the 4G issue, but it has only "improved" it. When on 4G data, all seems fine... It is when I am on a phone call with 4G enabled that I cannot talk but a few minutes before a drop.
It seems I should swap out the phone, but, being I am in the first 30 days of ownership can I swap phones and still return it if I don't like it? (Purchased at Amazon Wireless)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea, these all make sense to me. But someone earlier said that his notification light wouldn't turn off, I feel like that would be software and not hardware. Sure replacing the phone fixed it, but wiping or reloading the software would probably fix that too. It just makes me wonder how many phones being replaced really need to be.

100% agree. There are so many software issues b/c ICS itself is fairly buggy, and with the addition of apps that may not be truly "tuned to ICS," the issues compound.

The 4.0.4 radios, for me, show my signal a bit better (more accurately?) in addition to switching networks easier. That's a software issue. Is part of it hardware? Absolutely. But still, there is improvement (at least on my end, and considering each of those above devices have been on 4.0.2 and then 4.0.3 or .4, I have a decent amount of experience with the radios across multiple devices).

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
On my original gsm GN. Hardware is perfect. I have some software issues with wifi and bluetooth on stock 4.0.2. Hopefully a stable cm9 will improve when it's available.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second.. I bricked the security element with Google Wallet, Verizon could give a damn but Google took responsibility.. sent me a new phone, still have some issues such as phone call quality and 1 random reset so far. Everything else I love. I'm sure Google sent a new phone cause, it came with its own box with all new accessories and battery, although I guess they can just stick a GN sticker in the refurb unit.

What about U guys? Did VZ send U all new accessories?