Dialpad open by default

davidasc22

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to open up the Dialer and have it open to the dialpad by default rather than opening up to the last screen it had open i.e. contacts or missed calls?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to open up the Dialer and have it open to the dialpad by default rather than opening up to the last screen it had open i.e. contacts or missed calls?

Not that I know of, though I wish it were possible. I'll hit the dialer and be ready to start pounding away a number and ill accidentally hit a contact that I had called earlier and call them instead because my call log was open. Not a huge issue with me, just a little annoying.

myherojack24

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Since I am one of those people who never "dial" anything I wanted my phone/dial to open to my call log (most of the people I would call are in there). My stock dialer opened to the dial pad and I had to go to favorites from there. Not a huge deal but a pain and even worse if I was driving or something and only had one hand.

After lots of research I downloaded Dialer One and so far its awesome. Totally customizable and opening to the dial pad is the default setting. Which according to your post is what you're looking for.

Free app that is pretty fast and efficient. I recommend giving it a try.

I would have pasted a link to it in the store but I don't know how to get the address from within the store app. Can someone advise me on this?

Do I get it from the internet version of the store?

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

garreffster

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I just always try to remember to swipe back over to the dialpad before I close out of the dialer, so I know it will open up there next time.

Certainly not ideal, and I wish you could just change a default setting to accomplish this, but nothing is ever easy...

myherojack24

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I just always try to remember to swipe back over to the dialpad before I close out of the dialer, so I know it will open up there next time.

Certainly not ideal, and I wish you could just change a default setting to accomplish this, but nothing is ever easy...

I don't know how you feel about third party apps but Dialer One lets you customize your opening screen to have the dial pad either open or closed. It also lets you choose the list that appears above the dial pad.

You can have it open to call log, contacts or favorites.

Another awesome setting I was able to change was how the phone behaves when you select a contact. For example, I have mine set to call when selected so no more pressing like five things to return a call...one press from within the call log and it dials immediately.

Reactions: beerhound

jpinsl

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Try the Touchpal Dialer/Contact app from the Play Store/Market. Free and lots of options, including what you want to do.

Last edited:

myherojack24

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Lol...as soon as I read your reply I was like wow...I'm such an idiot. I so knew that.

Thank you very much anyway.
:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007