Resell value?

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a bionic and am getting pretty tired of and am debating whether to buy either a GN or an iphone4s. I won't be keeping the phone forever, just until either Motorola comes out with an awesome native ICS device or the new iPhone is something amazing. Just wondering what a general opinion would be as far as to which device would have the higher resell value say 6 months or so from today.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
6 months? I'd say GN, b/c the 5 should be out or announced by then. But you never know, Apple products retain their value like nothing else IMHO.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
6 months? I'd say GN, b/c the 5 should be out or announced by then. But you never know, Apple products retain their value like nothing else IMHO.

That's what I'm thinking. I will prob go the GN route and update the radios first thing. I had one when it was first released and couldn't get a signal in downtown Phoenix worth anything. I don't think I could get used to 3G after having LTE for so long on different devices.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
For resale alone the iPhone 4s will be worth more in 6 months then any current Verizon android phone. But the Nexus will definitely be more fun to tinker with. Just my opinion.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know about resell value, because when the iPhone 5 comes out the prices are going to drop on every other iPhone. But.....I think because of that you shouldn't have a problem selling the 4S to someone. In 6 months or so there's going to be ton's of phones, spec's wise, better than the GNex. So my vote goes to 4S. Just my $0.02

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 4s will be worth more. Iphones hold better value longer. Nexus is already down to around $350 where 4s are still selling for around $400

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Iphone 4s will be worth more. Iphones hold better value longer. Nexus is already down to around $350 where 4s are still selling for around $400

I had a bionic. Then bought an iphone4. I ended up getting $300 for my iPhone when I sold it. They hold their value very well.

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

That is sad. Someone would need to pay me to own an iphish. LOL
The fact the iph hold its value better attests to the mindless masses out there. :)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That is sad. Someone would need to pay me to own an iphish. LOL
The fact the iph hold its value better attests to the mindless masses out there. :)

The typical smartphone user owns an iPhone. They aren't horrible but lacking some features? Yeah.

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
On Craigslist these phones sell dirt cheap... extended battery, ghost armor, etc, used.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This isnt exactly on topic, but when the current gen of vz phones came out in november-december, the price plummet on the tbolt, bionic, droid charge was insane.

Of course, ebay was flooded with them.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying a GN. Decided I wanted the bigger screen and, more importantly, LTE. Maybe I'll get the new iPhone later on but for now I'm loving the GN.