Hyper sensitive screen while on call. Help

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty happy with my GNX so far except for this extremely annoyingly sensitive screen while on phone calls. Once on a call, it seem like the slightest move of my face on the screen where it lifts off a bit and makes contact again lets me activate all the buttons on screen, especially the call disconnect button. I know that this can happen with all touch screens and I have experienced it in varying degrees on other touchscreens, but it seems to be getting almost worse. Any tricks on screen settings while on call? I disconnected a client twice today while holding the phone and trying to pull some papers out of my bag.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't happened to me, but I make most of my phone calls while im in the car on bluetooth.

Do you have some kind of task manager running that may be knocking out the proximity sensor? Can you confirm your proximity sensor is working?

Mine gets annoying when I get a notification I want to see while i'm on a call, I have to back out to the home screen as it shuts the screen off the moment my finger comes near the top bar (as it should).

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't happened to me, but I make most of my phone calls while im in the car on bluetooth.

Do you have some kind of task manager running that may be knocking out the proximity sensor? Can you confirm your proximity sensor is working?

Mine gets annoying when I get a notification I want to see while i'm on a call, I have to back out to the home screen as it shuts the screen off the moment my finger comes near the top bar (as it should).

That is a good question, but I can't find any area in settings that has to do with the proximity sensor. The screen does go black as soon as I put it to my face for a call, but seems to go back to regular the second I move it from my face or if the screen touches my face, then I move it away then back again. May be the proximity sensor isn't working at all? Does anyone know if there is a way to get to the settings for the proximity sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt